About the job
We have learnt a lot about ourselves and our organisation during this period and we want to learn from this and become an even better department. We are about to start an ambitious and exciting programme of activity on Capability, reviewing the skills the department needs for the future, transforming the role of Professions and building clearer career pathways within MHCLG.
We are looking for someone with a real passion for learning, development and organisational growth who has well defined collaboration and engagement skills and a good working knowledge of project and programme management practices. Our new SEO will be comfortable using data and analysis to support evidence-based recommendations and will have proven delivery skills.
Candidates can contact the James Chainey – [email protected] or for further information about the post, working arrangements and work locations.
Responsibilities• You will work with the Capabilities and Inclusive Team Leader on the development and delivery of our new Capability and Inclusive Careers strategy and action plan.
• You will work closely with our Heads of Profession to build their maturity, develop inclusive career pathways and further embed Professional Standards across the department.
• You will work closely with our Staff Networks and Beyond Whitehall programme team to ensure that access to development to support career progression is clear and open to all and that inclusivity sits at the heart of our Capability Strategy
• You will support the delivery of our new performance management approach (Performance and Development)
• You will work with the Core Capabilities and Talent Team Leader on the delivery of capability building activities for SCS colleagues, including induction and our executive coaching offer
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace