This is a central role within the ESFA People Team, to manage the ESFA's Group Support Team and support the delivery of the ESFA People Plan. It is a wide-ranging role where the post-holder will need to provide data analysis, advice and guidance to all staff, including Senior Civil Servants.
• Provide clear, appropriate advice and support to the ESFA’s Executive Team and People Board including, where necessary, responding to and anticipating the board’s data and analysis requirements to inform effective and well-informed decision-making.
• Be the interface between ESFA and DfE HR, representing the needs of the organisation. Communicate latest advice and news through ESFA networks.
• Produce high-quality and timely responses to people queries, from ESFA’s staff.
• Undertake corporate budget management activities for ESFA reward & recognition and L&D budgets. Coordinate financial processes, including journals and accruals.
• Task manage Group Support Team support staff to deliver their objectives.
ResponsibilitiesThe skills required for this role are:
. Have a working knowledge of analysing and interpreting data
• Be numerate and have practical skills in Excel
• Financial management experience
• Have strong communication, customer service and relationship management skills
• Knowledge of HR / People related policies
• Experience of developing, planning and managing processes and using project and programme management tools
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace