Who we are:
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team
The stations team delivers a wide range of services to our customers, from being the first and last point of contact in a customer's journey, selling and checking tickets, making sure our customers know where to go, helping them to board and alight services, providing information and help to make the customer experience one to remember. The team is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment, delivering the safe and efficient dispatch of trains and ensuring that all the services provided at the station deliver to the highest standards. Working in a busy and challenging environment, the stations team work tirelessly to ensure a great customer experience is delivered, even when things go wrong.
About the job
A Service Delivery Assistant is a key customer facing role that ensures the safety of customers, colleagues and contractors on the station. You must be vigilant of all activity on the station and take action in the event of any unsafe behaviours or conditions observed. You are responsible for the safe and efficient dispatch of train services and managing the platform environment. A key member of the team, you will be involved in all aspects of the station and supporting colleagues in their roles. This is a challenging role that demands great customer service skills, flexibility and an ability to respond to the ever-changing demands of a busy railway station
What you'll be doing
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing the highest levels of customer service and being proactive to customer needs
- Ensuring the safe and punctual departure of trains from the station, following correct dispatch procedures
- Providing information and assistance to customers
- Ensuring the safety of customers, staff, visitors and contractors is given the highest priority
- Ensuring the cleanliness of all areas of the station especially toilets, waiting rooms, platforms, stairs and subways
- Liaising with other key GWR departments to ensure accurate and timely information is given to customers, especially in times of service disruption
You'll need to be:
- Able to deliver exceptional front line customer service
- A Self-starter with a can do attitude
- Confident when decision making
- Able to remain calm yet directive in a crisis
- Able to work to strict procedures
As a minimum you'll need to have:
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Evidence of numerical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working in an environment where safety is paramount
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including defined benefit salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, childcare vouchers and an Employee assistance programme.
Salary: £25507 per annum.
The role requires shift working including weekend and bank holidays, and covers 24 hours, 7 days a week on a rolling roster pattern.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
If you share our passion for the railway then we would love to hear from you.