About the job
Enterprise Service is part of Digital, Data & Technology (DDAT). We manage the day to day operation of the NCA IT estate, ensuring the ongoing delivery of suitably assured and operational IT services to users, responding to incidents and escalations as they arise.
This is enabled through the leadership of the transition of new and changed services in and out of to the live environment and the supervision and management of the IT supply chain to
ensure services are delivered in accordance with Service Levels aligned to user expectations.
In order to achieve this, Enterprise Services must take a through life approach to IT service and continually look to develop and build a team of professional and experienced IT Service Management practitioners who are suitably skilled to support a complex and varied IT estate that is evolving through the delivery of the NCA transformation Programme.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
ResponsibilitiesAs part of a team of technology professionals, you will be using your skills and expertise to:
• Manage a group of cloud infrastructure support staff across multiple locations.
• Apply expertise in service management, and experience of DevOps to balance the competing needs of service and development
• Manage flexibly across a growing cloud estate, applying appropriate levels of governance and control as appropriate
• Lead flexibly within a demanding environment, and to lead the development of the Cloud Management function in line with the requirements of the service
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Experience of managing a team in a complex technical environment
- Experience of managing corporate cloud environments
- Experience of working closely with suppliers
- Experience of infrastructure management in a cloud context
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).
Things you need to know
Selection process details
Once submitted your application will be acknowledged by the Government Recruitment Service.
Please note depending on the volume of applications a Longlist at sift may be conducted on following criteria:
- ITIL or Devops certification at a foundation level
Candidates must pass this criteria for their application to be progressed.
A panel will then assess your application to select those demonstrating the best fit with the role by considering the evidence you have provided against the criteria set out in the Entry Criteria section.
Failure to address any or all of these may affect your application.
Sift results are expected to be released w/c 7th September 2020.
Interviews will take place w/c 21st September 2020- October 2020 - locations to be confirmed.
Should you be successful at sift but cannot attend on the interview date(s) listed the recruitment team cannot guarantee an alternative date. Please contact the recruitment team.
You will then be asked to attend an interview in order to have a more in-depth discussion of your previous experience and professional competence.
Full details of the assessment process will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
We encourage all candidates to thoroughly review the candidate pack which explains the role further before submitting an application.
If you have any specific queries about the role that is not covered by the candidate pack, please contact:
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.