We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a service leader to join our Digital Technology Group (DTG) at Arup. The individual will be accountable for the leadership, direction and implementation of a cybersecurity operations program that protects customers, employees, and business data whilst ensuring a robust approach to risk management. The role will involve the detection of cyber security incidents; effectively responding and recovering in ways to minimise the impact on the business. You will be leading a team of talented professionals driving the security operations capabilities. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Cyber Security professional to set the strategic direction for cyber security operations, help drive the transformation agenda, and ensure continuous improvement in organisation, competence, processes and technical capabilities to manage Arup’s cyber security threats, vulnerabilities and incidents.
Key activities in the role will involve:
- Manage a team of multi-disciplined resources including analysts, engineers and architects. Matrix manage Digital Technology Group staff based in the region (who are part of the service team) coordinating closely with the regional digital technology leadership
- Ensure effective development of skills within the team
- Develop succession and retention plans
- Create an agile culture and working environment
- Provide continual protective monitoring service
- Cyber security incident response
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Antimalware protection
- Working closely with other service providers (e.g. Network, Servers & Storage) ensure a seamless follow the sun service covering all regions of the firm
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Deep experience in cyber security leadership positions including management at a senior level in a global organization
- Significant experience of working in multinational, multicultural environments where local needs must be balanced against global considerations
- Leader in cyber security and track record in leading and implementing cyber security programs across large global organizations
- Ability to understand the business context and technology landscape, and apply appropriate security solutions in response to differential risks and needs
- Strong leadership skills with experience in building and leading high performing teams
- Significant experience in security incident analysis and response
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as ISO 2700x and the ITIL, COBIT and NIST frameworks
- Ability to apply risk-based decisions balancing cost/opportunity and risk
- Ability to travel as business requires
- Experience of SPLUNK
- External security accreditation by a recognized professional security body (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CompTIA, CSIR, SANS)
- Degree or postgraduate master’s degree or demonstrable extensive Industry experience
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make Arup a great place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. This includes people with disabilities so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You’ll have access to a range of flexible working options – whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle - we recognise it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you're interested in flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time, please let us know when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Join us in shaping a better world.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by Arup and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to complement your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.