Service Support and Compliance Manager
As part of a recent restructure and forming the Information, Technology & Digital (ITD) division, we have brought together the Business Systems Administration team, Application & Database (Apps/DB) team and the Networking & Communications and Virtualisation & Storage team into a single Technical Delivery & Operations (TDO) team to maximise efficiencies and synergies.
You will make a difference as our Service Support and Compliance Manager by ensuring that the IT systems that South Gloucestershire staff use are fit for purpose and provide value for money.
You will identify any poor performance in systems and be a vital link in providing the business partnering between ITD and senior management teams ensuring the delivery of IT services across the Council.
What will you be doing?
- As the Service Support and Compliance Manager you will be accountable for ensuring the ongoing leverage of council’s assets, such as information systems, contracts, software, data and configuration items.
- You will oversee the setting and auditing of security standards, develop and manage the governance, standards, processes and procedures, whilst identify and acting on any poor performance within technologies, projects or programmes
- You will be responsible for strategic plans which will help shape the divisional business IT ambition and strategy
- As a lead in this team you will have direct reports to manage, mentor and support within their workstream
- You will be heavily linked to the training of staff and maximizing the council’s use of and investment in all information systems.
- You will be working in a fast paced environment to maintain a high level of service delivery and being able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- A constant requirement will be to keep up to date with compliance and security industry to comply with latest regulations.
What we need from you
- You will have proven managerial experience in a large complex organisation with a delivery record at management level in ICT disciplines
- You will need a degree in a computer related field or equivalent.
- You will require significant and demonstrable technical experience in two of the below disciplines and a good understanding of one other:
Technology related Business Relationship Management or Supplier/Contract Management
Technology Asset Management
Governance of enterprise technology
Technology related Security Management
Technology related Training the Trainer
- You will have a strong record of delivery using communication, networking and influencing skills and experience of managing supplier relationships
- You will have the ability to work with technical teams across IT and translate business requirements and priorities into plans and new innovate initiatives where needed, with a careful eye for detail.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
We know our team work best when they have balance in their lives, and we offer genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work/life balance. We trust our team to work in the way which allows them to make the biggest difference and we continue to invest in technology to help staff do their jobs to the best of their ability and celebrate innovation.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
We’re providing essential services across our internal network to ensure we can fully support our community.
We’re positive and forward thinking, always looking for new and innovative ways of working work and we’re ambitious about the future.
We've achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference.
We’re making a difference, be part of it!
Location: Yate, South Gloucestershire
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £47,778 to £52,120 p/a
You may have experience of the following: Service Support Manager, Compliance Manager, Senior Compliance Officer, Information and Security Compliance Officer, Compliance and Quality Officer, Information Security Officer, IT Service Manager, Data Security Officer, Information Security Manager, IT Analyst, etc.
Service Support and Compliance Manager