£25293 - £26293 per annum
7 months ago
You will join us as a Sexual Violence Services Team Leader to support and line manage a team of staff, including ISVA’s to ensure a high-quality frontline service to victims of sexual violence / abuse
Sexual Violence Services (ISVA) Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Ensure that there is a consistent delivery of services to survivors in line with accreditation standards, including risk assessment, safety planning and referrals to other agencies such as IDVA for high risk victims of domestic abuse.
- Ensure that Safety and Support plans (SAS), risk assessment and risk management procedures are followed at all times, prioritising allocation for those most at risk.
- Be the lead professional for child protection and information sharing ensuring that staff understand and comply with the service’s safeguarding framework.
- Understand the legal framework relating to the protection of children and adults in need of safeguarding including the policy and procedures of the Local Safeguarding Boards.
- Ensure that case files and records are accurate and complete, and that both are kept and incompliance with current GDPA requirements.
Sexual Violence Services (ISVA) Team Leader Requirements:
- An honours degree or equivalent qualification (or alternatively substantial relevant experience of working with a vulnerable client group including victims of sexual violence and domestic abuse).
- Experience of line management / supervising a staff team.
- Knowledge of HR issues and its practical implications.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within victims’ services, in particular with victims of violence and abuse.
- A comprehensive understanding of issues and key concepts relating to victims of violence and abuse.
Free-VA is a registered charity based in Leicester, working towards reducing domestic violence, rape and sexual assault.
We provide specialist support and information to anyone affected by domestic violence, rape and sexual assault - we work closely with other agencies to ensure the right support is in place for you.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and Police Vetting.
Please see our website for more job opportunities.
Location: Leicester, LE1 6XY
Job type: Part Time, Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2021 (possible renewal thereafter dependent on funding), 18.5 hours per week
Salary: £25,293 to £26,293 (pro rata)
Closing Date: 29th January 2020.
Interviews commencing on: 4th February 2020
You may have experience of the following: Advocate, Advocacy, Community Outreach Worker, Outreach Worker, Charity, Not for Profit, Third Sector, Support Worker, Mental Health, Voluntary Sector, Inclusion, Community Development, Social Worker, Charities, Community Engagement, Social Care, etc