In order to deliver our vision we need to be a flexible, innovative and collaborative department that connects with industry, business, research and development communities, consumers and all the other parts of the UK economy. We need to make evidence based policy decisions driven by coherent, exploitable and shared data. We need to connect with our customers, partners and other stakeholders in a business like way – embracing the full potential of the digital era. And we need to use the best modern technology to maximise our own productivity
This is underpinned by 4 strategic enablers:
1. People, skills and culture: a culture where Digital is embraced, understood and valued.
2. Partner, enable, assure: provide the tools, processes and support to empower teams to deliver quality services which meet government standards and user needs.
3. Service delivery: the design, build and delivery of services is agile - providing value for money through reuse of data and components and delivering services more quickly and effectively.
4. Continuous improvement: the ambition to continually improve is instilled in everything that we do. We seek feedback from our users and the data we capture to understand user behaviour to improve services and inform future service developments.
So we need a strong Digital, Data and Technology function that provides excellent services to the Department, enabling collaboration with our colleagues to deliver exceptional services for the consumers and businesses we serve. We currently have circa 120 posts in the team, with an annual budget allocation of circa £20m. There is an interim organisational structure in place pending the approval of a strategy that you will have the opportunity to shape and then deliver.
The Department has rolled out a G-cloud technology platform with a resilient infrastructure to provide the latest software to staff. We have only just begun to consider how we might exploit the opportunities presented by the latest technology. Therefore, we need a strong and experienced team to help both the Department and the function understand the possibilities and potential of the digital era and play a key role in the transformation of both the way we work and the services we deliver.
For further information please follow this link to view the BEIS Digital recruitment film:
About the Role
You will work within the Service Management and Architecture functions within Digital and are responsible for the planning, development and security of BEIS O365 sharepoint environment. You will investigate and progress IT solutions and improve IT service capability and capacity to meet business needs
About the Team
The Technology Services team is tasked with supporting and developing our cloud infrastructure and application platforms. You will work with Network & Infrastructure colleagues and suppliers to develop and maintain our core Sharepoint services
● Technical documentation / production of build and transition documentation
● Supporting the full project delivery lifecycle, from input into design to implementation
● Assessing technical needs in association with Technical and Solution Architects, translating these into realistic and measurable requirements.
● Translation of non-functional requirements such as Capacity Management, Performance, HA and DR
● Responsible for SharePoint operation including upgrade and migration to Office 365, topology services, and backup and restore.
● Implements and Maintains Security, Data and Global configurations.
● Maintains and implements all aspects of SharePoint Application management including Office SharePoint Server Shared Services, Search Administration, Workflow Management and External Service Connections.
● Reviews existing SharePoint infrastructure setup and develops best practices and input on operational guidelines
● Monitors the overall health of all SharePoint farms and proactively mitigates issues
What we are looking for:
● Office 365 Administration
● PowerShell scripting
● Workflows (MS Flow or SharePoint Designer)
● SharePoint site construction, configuration and migration
● Teamwork and cross functional relationship building
● Documentation creation, and technical writing
● ITIL Foundation
Please take time to read the attached Candidate pack for further information about this role and the recruitment process.