Welwyn Garden City, GB, AL7 1RR
Nestlé Cereal Partners UK
Shopper Marketing Activation Manager – 12 FTC
Welwyn Garden City
(Individuals who are not based at WGC are open to apply as flexible working will be considered)
Competitive salary (up to £40,000 depending on experience) plus potential bonus + fantastic benefits
This is a full time temporary opportunity but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Shopper Marketing Activation Manager to join our Nestlé Cereal Partners UK team at our head office in Welwyn Garden City. This is a secondment opportunity to cover a maternity leave for a period of 12 months and will report directly into our Marketing Controller for Customer Activation.
A little bit about us
Cereal Partners Worldwide is a successful 50/50 joint venture between Nestlé S.A. and General Mills Inc. At Cereal Partners UK we have established ourselves as one of the largest cereal manufacturers in the UK, making many well-loved brands with a long heritage. Our aim is simple: to provide high quality, nutritious and great tasting breakfast cereals. You could join our mission to Make Breakfast Better!
A day in the life of...
As a Shopper Activation Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and executing activation plans for brand priorities, NPD launches and customer account activity across in-store and online. With the objective of maximising our investment across specific accounts including Tesco, & Coop.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop in-store and online annual activation plans, working with our Marketing and Sales team to agree priorities and identify and deliver best in class shopper activation opportunities.
- Develop and manage the monthly calendar of communication and activation activities by channel and customer to key stakeholders.
- Brief and manage 3rd party agencies in the creation of shopper/communication tools, managing concept creation, artwork, production and distribution (physical and digital).
- Work with the relevant marketing team/agencies to ensure all materials produced are on brand and have the appropriate brand, legal and regulatory sign off.
- Track and report on the progress of any agreed campaigns and course correct if and when required.
- Evaluate all key shopper activity, share learnings and use to build future recommendations.
- Manage the Tesco & Coop Shopper budget.
- Manage and develop key relationships with key customers & developing internal relationships within Marketing and Sales departments.
What will make you successful
To be successful in this role you will already have a breadth of Marketing or Sales experience under your belt and ideally you will already be operating in the shopper/activation space. You will be passionate, tenacious; results focused and enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. Acting as an ambassador for our brand, you will have strong project management and analytical skills. Pro-activity and enthusiasm are essential elements for this role, as well as creative thinking and being able to work in an environment that can often be ambiguous. You’ll also:
- Influence with integrity both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills, targeting a wide audience from customers to internal stakeholders.
- Be able to run sizable projects and support work streams from concept to delivery.
- Support the development of the shopper activation marketing strategy and story-tell the importance of the shopper’s voice across key stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrate great time management and a sense of responsibility and accountability.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is Friday 22nd January 2021.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?