Dublin, IE, D24 KX6Y
Shopper Marketing Manager
Competitive salary (up to €50k depending on experience) plus potential bonus + fantastic benefits
This is a full-time permanent opportunity but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Shopper Marketing Manager to join our team based at our Dublin offices in Ireland. This role will report into our Country Manager for Confectionery in Ireland and will be responsible for identifying, executing and evaluating shopper marketing that delivers competitive advantage, through detailed understanding of Nestlé brand & category plans, customer strategies, shopper insight and brilliant execution. As part of the Ireland Nestlé Confectionery team, you will be working with some of the world’s best-known and most-loved brands, many of which have been enjoyed for generations.
A little bit about us
Here at Nestlé Confectionery, we strive to put the consumer at the heart of everything we do and deliver the best-tasting and most permissible treats for consumers day after day. This really is an exciting time to join the team as we gear up for growth by exploring the premiumisation of some of key brands whilst identifying opportunities to be the fastest growing Confectionery manufacturer in the UK&I.
A day in the life of...
This role will see you work in collaboration with a wide range of internal & external stakeholders to deliver the very best shopper activation across a variation of channels (in store, online and trade). You’ll be responsible for creating and delivering the annual shopper marketing plans for our Confectionery business ensuring activation is in line with brand marketing plans. This role will also see you:
- Develop, own and execute the customer activation calendar based on shopper insights & aligned to Customer commercial strategy. Detailing shopper and category activations by channel, customer and brand.
- Gain alignment & share the activity calendar with the wider teams internally and engage and inspire retailers – sell the benefits of the investment and the role it plays to convert and drive share gains over time
- Own retailer shopper inputs into the ICP process Provide specific Customer context to aid development of optimal shopper ideas/execution ongoing
- Lead the creation of customer facing sales tools and trade communication for all channel/field sales teams to deliver an inspirational customer sell in of annual and individual activities
- Manage the activation budget effectively and evaluation of activation investment in customers, identifying impact against shopper objective and evolving plans based on key learnings.
- Manages an outsourced service provider for POS storage and distribution.
- Ensure excellent execution of all NPD launches across all channels, including, in-store, online and digital.
- Ensure the day to day running of all retailer media suppliers
- Develop detailed understanding of your customers shoppers use this understanding to proactively identify opportunities to align with customer events and strategies and to deliver better shopper experiences.
- Ensure adherence to all Company principles and policies
What will make you successful
To be successful in this role you will ideally have some shopper marketing experience already under your belt. However, if you have some commercial experience with a passion to move into this space we are keen to support development for the right individual. You’ll be passionate, tenacious; results focused and enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. Acting as an ambassador for the brands, you’ll have strong project management and analytical skills whilst being organised, conscientious and a team player who loves getting into the detail. Pro-activity and enthusiasm are essential elements for this role as is the ability to work collaboratively with customers. You’ll also:
- Have the ability to influence across different levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate great presentation and relationship building skills.
- Have a huge passion and entrepreneurial spirit to unlock the potential of our brands through shopper activation.
- Demonstrate experience of data analysis and interpretation skills.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 4th January 2021.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?