Site Maintenance Officer
Are you looking for a hands-on maintenance job where you can really make a difference? If you are looking for an inspirational challenge, join our amazing assistance dog charity and contribute to our life changing work. Canine Partners’ mission is to transform the lives of adults with physical disabilities through partnership with our specially trained assistance dogs.
To help us create these amazing partnerships, we need amazing people and Canine Partners has an exciting opportunity for a Site Maintenance Officer with a primary focus on maintenance and repair of buildings and services, maintenance of the vehicle fleet, receiving deliveries and assisting visitors, and helping colleagues prepare for meetings, events and breaking down afterwards.
Site Maintenance Officer Responsibilities:
You will play a key role in the upkeep of buildings and services at our Heyshott site, with key tasks including:
- Carrying out minor building work and repairs, undertaking maintenance of various plant (boilers etc).
- Maintenance of the vehicle fleet, managing bookings, undertaking vehicle checks and organising repairs and services.
- Completing health and safety checks of the site, carry out regular fire drills.
- Supporting colleagues in preparing for meetings, events and breaking down afterwards.
- Be available to act as the emergency call out person.
Site Maintenance Officer Requirements:
- Ability to undertake minor repair work to premises, tools and equipment.
- Health, safety and welfare knowledge.
- ICT skills.
- Ideally you will also have manual handling, facilities management and fleet maintenance experience.
- You will be practical and flexible, a team player who is happy to help out colleagues at a moment’s notice.
- The role requires you to manage our fleet including driving cars to essential repairs and services therefore a full driving licence is essential.
- This role is physically demanding so you will need a level of fitness suitable for carrying out maintenance duties consisting of loading and unloading of vehicles, moving heavy/ cumbersome equipment and furniture.
This position is based at our rural training centres in Heyshott, West Sussex.
Closing Date: 25 October 2020 (midnight)
1st Interview: 06 November 2020
2nd Interview: 13 November 2020
Due to the hands on nature of this role, we anticipate a face to face interview will be necessary but we will work with our candidates to ensure the interviews are carried out in a Covid-19 secure way.
We are a disability confident committed employer and welcome diversity, promote equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Location: Heyshott, West Sussex
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 25 hours per week (Monday - Friday 08.00-13.00)
Salary: £18,321 - £22,902 full time equivalent (pro rata’d to £12,214.00 to £15,268.00 for part time)
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a generous annual leave allowance, access to an employee assistance programme, wellbeing portal and discounts on goods and retail vouchers and cash back on purchases from eating out, entertainment, supermarkets, clothing and travel.
You may have experience of the following: Maintenance Engineer, Building Services Engineer, Maintenance Technician, PPM, Reactive Maintenance, Fleet Maintenance, Vehicle Repair, Handyman, Handyperson, Facilities Technician, etc.
£18321 - £22092 per annum
about 2 months ago
Site Maintenance Officer