We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commercial Manager to join our Secure Infrastructure division, based in the Kent/South East area.
The main purpose of the role is to implement commercial best practice to maximise value and minimise risk and cost to Amey with due regards to CRM.
In addition you will:
- Create the environment and behaviours to realise the Contract revenue entitlement.
- Deliver the pre and post contract commercial solutions to facilitate efficient and effective commercial management across a portfolio of Contracts or bids.
- Ensure the change control process is managed effectively on both Main and Subcontract.
- Realise the opportunities and manage the risks identified in the Bid stage.
- Effectively manage Client relations at contract level.
- Procurement of Subcontracts in line with procurement process, bid expectations and robust subcontract documentation.
- Play a leading role in the Management Team; manage and/or carry out if required all normal quantity surveying duties; to comply with the Amey Values; and to ensure maximum recovery of all contractual entitlements
- Ensure compliance with the Amey systems, processes and procedures to deliver post contract commercial management of Contracts valued at £20-£40m p.a.
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract and as required by the Company
- Review all commercial reports including Cost Value Reconciliations and cash flows before submission
- Legal understanding relevant to contracts
- Ability to manage a team of up to 10 direct/indirect reports
- Exercise full cost control of projects including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Commercial Manager/Project Manager
- Engage with the Commercial Manager/Project Manager in review of monthly and/or weekly cost and value forecasts to completion of the projects
- Assist and advise the Commercial Manager/Project Manager in ensuring timely issuing of all notices required under the Contracts
- Review all variations to the works in conjunction with other project team members
- and ensure all contractual notices and early warnings are submitted within the required timescales
- Review the existence of any "claim" and "extension of time" situations in conjunction with Commercial Manager
- Endeavour to ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations
- Ensure all aspects of subcontract procurement and payment are adhered to
- Support the tender processes and strategy as required on bids up to value of £200m
- Provide commercial and financial feed-back to the Estimators
- Provide all cost/commercial information required under the Contract (S-Curves, Forecasts, etc)
- Ensure and accurate change control process is managed effectively
- Provide sound commercial and contractual advice to the Project Manager and other team members
- Promote a team-working environment
- Proactively instil commercial awareness throughout the project team
- Manage and develop individuals within the commercial team
- Undertake Performance Development Reviews for direct reports
- Promote the Amey safety culture
- Participate in regular monthly safety meeting
- Degree is desirable
- MRICS or equivalent is desirable
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Sound knowledge of contracts
- Awareness of industry issues
- Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised
- Good negotiation skills
- Alternatively, to a degree, demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying /commercial management with significant experience in a senior role