A rare and exciting role has become available for an experienced and highly skilled Citrix / Microsoft Server Engineer to join Amey's Defence Services division, on a permanent basis.
This is primarily a Citrix role but, as this is a small team, you will be expected to assist with supporting the server and (occasionally) the client estate. There will also be ample opportunities to work across the wider AMEY group infrastructure.
This role is based primarily at home with Buckshaw, Lancashire being main office however expect regular travel across the UK - mainly to Liverpool - as well as occasionally to our Data Centres and sites across the country
As the role holder you will be expected to be a confident self-starter, collaborative but authoritative decision maker as well as a critical thinker and capable communicator. You will need to learn fast and work independently whilst having a consultative and innovative approach.
You will also:
- At all times, follow operating procedures and SyOps policies from both company and MOD security officers
- Assist in the planning, implementation and optimisation of the server infrastructure
- Develop and maintain automated monitoring and recovery of server services.
- Ensure all services are correctly and regularly patched
- Ensure the infrastructure never deviates from the accredited design
- Liaise and work closely with the Amey group IT team to ensure technical solutions are implemented and are fit for purpose
- Ensure adherence to industry security governance frameworks/laws (eg ISO27001/GDPR)
- Occasionally work non-core business hours
- Demonstrable experience in supporting a large highly secure/defence enterprise infrastructure
- Critical skills required
- Citrix XEN App 7.6 Including Provisioning services
- Microsoft Server (to 2016) on premise & Azure
- Windows 7/10
- Desirable Skills
- System Centre (OM/CM/SM)
- SAN (Hitachi ideally but not critical)
- SharePoint 2010
- Exchange 2013 & O365
- Experience managing complex infrastructures including change management, availability, performance and capacity planning of physical/virtualised server & storage infrastructure components.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and information security principles and how they are applied to a secure environment.
- Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets.
- Has proven ability to take responsibility for the systems they support
- Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation
- Able to show leadership and provide mentorship and instruction to peers and junior colleagues
- Demonstrates the ability to translate technical jargon into simple language for customers.
- Demonstrate strong analytical capability
- Excellent logical problem solver
- Has the ability to automate repetitive and time-consuming tasks
This is a band C role and attracts a competitive salary, contributory pension, 24 days holiday (plus bank holidays), flexible working and access to a range of Amey savings