Are you an experienced End User Computing IT Engineer seeking a new opportunity?
Here at Amey, within our Defence Services Division, we have an exciting role for a highly skilled IT Engineer who can operate with little supervision, and on a remote working basis, to support a large highly secure/defence enterprise infrastructure.
You will be a confident self-starter, a collaborative but authoritative decision maker, as well as a critical thinker and capable communicator. You will need to learn fast and work independently whilst having a consultative and innovative approach. You will need to be able to travel to Liverpool to work with the Group IT teams too.
Ideally you will have experience managing a large client estate (Circa 2200 devices - Laptops/Thin Clients, Desktops and tablets) and a strong understanding of infrastructure and information security principles and how they are applied to a secure environment.
SECURITY CLEARANCE Statement - In order to be a successful applicant for this role the following conditions apply:
- You must be a British Citizen
- You must be willing to apply for and successfully receive MOD Security Clearance (SC) as well as sign the Official Secrets Act
- Assist in the planning, implementation and optimisation of the EUC estate.
- Proactively seek solutions to fix outstanding issues with build and software to all devices, documenting resolutions and regularly communicating to keep management, end users and other colleagues up to date.
- Investigate and complete EUC Tier 2 incidents and requests with occasional support to other team members to assist with queue volumes.
- Ensure the infrastructure never deviates from the accredited design
- Liaise and work closely with the Amey group IT team to ensure technical solutions are implemented and are fit for purpose
- Ensure adherence to industry security governance frameworks/laws (eg ISO27001/GDPR)
- Occasionally work non-core business hours
Ideal if you have experience in supporting a large highly secure/defence enterprise infrastructure
Critical skills required
- Windows 7/Windows 10
- Thin Client (Wyse Device Manager)
- PowerShell Scripting
- SCCM - App Packaging & Deployment/patching both Windows OS and 3rd party apps/OS Image creation, maintenance and deployment
- SOTI Mobi Control or experience with a leading MDM solution
- Active Directory Administration
- Experience with a leading AntiVirus product set (ideally MS System Centre Endpoint Protection Manager)
- System Centre Operations Manager
- SharePoint 2010
- Exchange 2013
- Citrix XenApp 7+
- Office 365
Salary / benefits
This is a band C role and attracts a competitive salary, 24 days holiday, 37.5 hour working week, flexible working, contributory pension and access to a range of Amey savings