York, YN, GB, YO91 1XY
Company name: Nestlé UK&I
Job title: Social Media & Community Manager
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Salary up to £30,000 depending on experience + potential bonus + excellent benefits
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Social Media & Community Manager to join our social media team based at our York office. Reporting directly to the Senior Social Media Manager, you will have the scope to be the voice to some of the worlds most loved Confectionery brands, think KITKAT, SMARTIES and more! You’d be working in our amazing team that’s always looking to drive best in class content when it comes to all things social.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for effectively growing our brands social media communities, across multiple platforms, through the development and delivery of social content. Delivering world-class community engagement, supporting our overall business objectives and social content strategy.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
• Create and deliver professional and engaging social content that drives our brands social media equity and positive share of voice and leverage consumer engagement opportunities online.
• Support and execute the social community strategy and direction, informed by the brand(s) objectives and insight, working closely with the wider Social Media and Brand teams.
• Understand the changing consumer landscape and champion the social consumer, providing recommendations and thought-leadership to the wider business, particularly our Consumer Engagement Services (CES) team, Brand owners, Digital and eCommerce.
• Create and execute new ways to deliver messaging through social media content.
• Serve as the social voice for our brand(s), responsible for developing organic campaigns on a daily basis that really add value.
• Tweet, Facebook, Instagram and more! Responding and engaging with influencers, consumers and fans, working with CES, and internal stakeholders to execute flawlessly.
• Identify, engage and nurture brand advocates and influencers.
• Identify and react in a timely nature to tactical opportunities.
• Support the proactive management of observed emerging issues, working with our Corporate Communications and CES teams to drive, shape and protect our brands and reputation.
• Collaborate cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders to determine the most impactful content.
• Support the brand teams to develop capability across all things social.
We are looking for a social media professional, ideally qualified to degree level within a creative field. You’ll have some previous work experience in this space whether that be within an agency or in-house and be able to demonstrate sound experience of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, AfterEffects and Premiere Pro. You’ll also have some photography and videography skills to an intermediate level whilst being able to constantly push our brands to innovate with content through great creative ideas.
• Have a creative eye for video and design as well as being passionate about creating engaging content that delivers for our brands.
• Have experience of managing social communities for brands with a key focus on community engagement working across all social platforms.
• Be familiar with trending content to understand how your brand can be involved whilst maintaining relevance to your audience.
• Have a proven track record of creating engaging content including copy and be able to showcase your portfolio of work during the interview process.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is Thursday 4th June, 2020.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
This is a full time permanent opportunity but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!