13 days ago
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Social Worker for our Birmingham Children's Hospital to provide support to children and young people (0-24 years) diagnosed with cancer and leukaemia and their families. Our work is rewarding but also complex and demanding. You will need to be resourceful and resilient. You will work closely with our supportive CLIC Sargent team, an established NHS multi-disciplinary team and with services in the community.
Social Worker Requirements:
As well as current GSCC / HCPC registration you will have;
- Experience working with children, young people and their families/carers in a social care setting
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Knowledge of child and young people development
- An understanding of the impact of serious illness for children, young people and families.
- It is desirable that you have experience working in an NHS setting.
- All applicants should have excellent interpersonal skills.
- This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
About CLIC Sargent:
Today, 12 children and young people in the UK hear the shocking news they have cancer. CLIC Sargent is the UK’s leading cancer charity for children and young people, and their families, offering them care and support every step of the way. You can be a part of helping them live their life to the full.
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds, to join us and help improve the lives of children and young people with cancer and their families. We particularly want to encourage people from BAME and other under-represented groups to step forward and apply to work or volunteer with CLIC Sargent.
CLIC Sargent is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Location: Birmingham Children’s Hospital, West Midlands
Job type: Part Time, Permanent, 17.5 hrs per week
Salary: £34,430 (FTE)
Closing Date: 24 January 2021
Interview Date: 2 February 2021
You may have experience of the following: Qualified Social Worker, Social Work, Social Care, NHS, Charity, Young Peoples Social Worker, Child Development, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit, etc.