£34,430 (FTE) per annum
7 days ago
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Social Worker to provide support to children and young people diagnosed with cancer and leukaemia and their families. Our work is rewarding but also complex and demanding; you will need to be resourceful and resilient. You will work closely with our supportive CLIC Sargent team, an established NHS multi-disciplinary team and with services in the community.
Social Worker Requirements:
As well as current SSSC registration you will have:
- Experience working with children, young people and their families / carers in a social care setting.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Knowledge of child and young people development.
- An understanding of the impact of serious illness for children, young people and families.
- It is desirable that you have experience working in an NHS setting.
All applicants should have excellent interpersonal skills.
This post is subject to a Criminal Records Check.
CLIC Sargent is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
About CLIC Sargent:
Today, 12 children and young people in the UK hear the shocking news they have cancer. CLIC Sargent is the UK’s leading cancer charity for children and young people, and their families, offering them care and support every step of the way. You can be a part of helping them live their life to the full.
Location: Edinburgh - Royal Hospital for Sick Children
Job type: Permanent, 30 hours per week
Salary: £34,430 (FTE) per annum
Closing Date: 3 February 2020
Interview Date: 17 February 2020
You may have experience of the following: Qualified Social Worker, Social Work, Social Care, NHS, Charity, Young Peoples Social Worker, Child Development, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit, etc.