Software Engineer, Software Developer, Systems Developer, C++ Developer required to join the team implementing autonomous vehicle technology on a full time permanent basis in Oxford, OX4.
We are actively looking for a talented Software Engineer, Software Developer, Systems Developer, C++ Developer that can use their C++ development skills and strong knowledge of modern software engineering best practices in one or more of the following areas: build systems, continuous integration, testing frameworks or packaging and deployment to:
- Architect, develop and maintain tools related to the various areas of the software development process, with a focus on increasing engineering productivity and decreasing risk
- Work closely with others to improve workflows related to building, testing and deploying our software enabling the acceleration of product development
- Drive adoption of best practices and help establish a higher standard of software development to support continuous growth
- Work with internal development and systems integration teams in order to assist and improve their processes
- Develop production-quality software as part of a team
To become part of the autonomous revolution, playing a crucial role in changing the way we move humans and materials, we think you might need :
- Proven experience developing commercial software in C++
- A working knowledge of Python
- Strong knowledge of modern software engineering best practices in one or more of the following areas: build systems, continuous integration, testing frameworks, binary deployment
If you can demonstrate any of the skills below, extra kudos and a high five will be given for:
- Build Systems (e.g. CMake, Bazel)
- Continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab)
- Integrating Python with other languages (boost.python, SWIG, pybind11)
- Software testing frameworks (e.g. GoogleTest, Catch, Boost test, pytest)
- Code quality metrics (e.g. code coverage)
- Static analysis in C++
- C++ sanitisers and compiler tooling: Address, Thread, Memory, Undefined Behaviour
Who you will work with :
We are an interesting bunch. Friendly and passionate about building new technology. We speak over 17 languages and have team members from all over the world across our 4 sites in Oxford and our branches in Toronto and Denver. Our team has a vast array of outside interests, including drones, skate boarding, beach volleyball, running, music and spending quality time with the family. We are keen to hear from anyone that shares our passion and wants to achieve a great diversity within our teams.
We have doubled in size over the last 12 months, now with 170 team members we have an ambitious growth plan. Oxbotica specialises in mobile autonomy and we are the driving force behind many of the UK’s autonomous vehicle initiatives. We spun out from Oxford University’s internationally acclaimed Mobile Robotics Group in 2014 with a mission to commercialise over 130 engineer-years of robotics research. We specialise in mobile autonomy, navigation and perception and our solutions allow robots, vehicles, machinery and people to precisely map, navigate and actively interact with their surroundings. We work with our customers to help them integrate this leading edge technology into their own products.
This is an opportunity to join one of Europe’s premier scale up companies and be part of the journey to bring autonomous vehicles to our cities, ports, airports, mines, warehouses, and roads. We are searching for people who can contribute to the company, our culture, robotics science and our customers.
Oxbotica is committed to developing your career - we want you to continually grow and learn new skills that will keep you interested in your role on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual salary review
- Salary exchange pension scheme (contribution based on qualifying earnings)
- Wellness bonus (an annual payment to be spent on keeping your mind and health in a positive and productive state)
- Company Share Scheme
- 25 Days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays; as long as you promise to come back!
- Bi-monthly “show and tell” sessions
- Bean to cup coffee and complementary fruit
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Yearly funded flu vaccination programme
We create the conditions to help you do your best. We do all we can to create opportunities for everyone regardless of personal circumstances. As part of this commitment, we offer a variety of flexible working arrangements including:
- Part time working
- Remote working
- Extended parental leave
- Unpaid sabbatical
Diversity and Inclusion
We are on a journey to enable all vehicles to do more - we need unique people to get there. Knowing that diversity drives innovation, brings different approaches, ideas and points of view, we embrace individuality & inclusion and are committed to an environment where everyone irrespective of background, can be the best they can be. We celebrate building a culture where difference is valued.
Help us solve one of the worlds greatest engineering challenges by being yourself.