As one of the leading retail banks in the UK, Lloyds Banking Group is undertaking a major engineering transformation. Our goal is to put technology at the forefront of our culture and transform banking.
LBG is the largest provider of Mortgages in the UK, with over 2 million active Mortgages. We have placed Mortgages at the heart of our strategy to become the best bank for customers.
Our team in Mortgages is passionate about creating new services for our customers that transform the customer and colleague experience. Our culture brings together smart, talented, people from diverse backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working.
As a Software Engineer, you will work in a highly collaborative way, working closely with other specialists and engineers from LBG, suppliers and partner resources, located in the UK and offshore.
Do you want to drive cultural change at the UK's largest digital bank?
As a software Engineer, you'd be part of our Group Transformation team, working the Mortgages Value Stream within the Servicing Lab.
You'll play a key role working collaboratively with other lab roles to create empowered Teams who are motivated to take on business problems and realise value to customers through excellence in execution
Could you help us make it possible?
It's an exciting time to join us as we're investing in our people, data and platforms with £3bn over the next three years. We'll give you training in our change approach, a support network through our agile community and the opportunity to develop your career here.
So what are we looking for in you?
- You're a dynamic and adaptable individual - able to use & learn new skills & knowledge in varying circumstances
- You've a well-developed communication kit bag with extensive customer management experience
- A natural facilitator and decision-maker, you'll enable collaboration across all disciplines within the Lab
- You'll be a skilled negotiator, analytical thinker and problem solver
- Working closely with other team members to create a high performing team culture
- And you'll influence positively - demonstrating the right values and behaviors and encouraging this in team members
We'll be specifically looking for these skills on your CV:
- Strong software development background essential
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work across multiple systems, technologies and data sources
- Understand how to deliver and manage integration of applications across multiple platforms through API's & data transfers
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and experience in end to end delivery of software products
- Experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence.
- Experience of working as a member of a team to delivery change through Agile and Waterfall methodology.
What else could you bring with you?
- Experience of configuring and deploying software within a Windows server environment - knowledge of Chef deployment tool advantageous
- Familiarity of legacy platforms, IBM Z Series and or Unisys Libra Mainframes
- Knowledge of Mortgages and/or Unisys UFSS system
- DevOps Continuous Integration and automation
- Understanding of banking operating model and process frameworks, along with techniques to analyse and improve them
A role within our team will provides the chance to work flexibly, develop personally and professionally and work collaboratively with an ambitious team to build our business and bring to life the Group vision of being the Best Bank for Customers.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our Organisation.
You can expect a career that's full of opportunity and a package that includes:
- A performance related bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Health cover
- 4% Flexible benefit cash pot you can shape to fit your lifestyle
So if you have the skills, background and outlook we're seeking and this opportunity appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...