Software Engineer - Digital Product
Are you sick of being bucketed to one specific role and curious about exploring the stack that powers the fastest growing private business in the UK?
Do you love pace, are driven by data and love agile, cross-functional teams built around products and problems rather than projects?
If you are sick of being bucketed to one specific role and curious about exploring the stack that powers the fastest growing private business in the UK, then read on to see if you can picture yourself at loveholidays.
We are building the future of online travel, reducing the friction between searching for a holiday and booking one. We give users the ability to search by what they want to do not where they want to go and match them with the best deals on the market.
Our flexible search experience removes traditional constraints, enabling users to discover great holidays based on the criteria they choose; results can be filtered by star rating, facilities, TripAdvisor rating or even average temperature, shifting the focus from destination to experience.
Our next steps are international expansion; building a state-of-the-art experimentation platform and scaling to hundreds of thousands of users.
If you are an ambituous Engineer and you have read this before applying to check that your profile matches what we love, then we'd love to hear from you.
Engineering at loveholidays
We’re focused on continuous delivery and push hard to get over 80 releases a week to ensure we are constantly giving our customers the best experience possible.
Driven by data, we experiment daily, and come up with new and innovative ways of increasing our conversion rate.
When you’re here, you may:
• Work on the Search team and build out a faceted complex search leveraging the best in class UX to give users near instantaneous search delight
• Focus on the Book team and figure out how users convert faster on optimised checkout experience - Should we leverage the Payments API? How does a single-step checkout compare to a multi-step?
• Build out our next generation pattern library, leveraging Storybook, React and working closely with UX designers to have one source of truth for our design components
• Help scope out and build the future of our Experiments platform that will enable us to run hundreds of A/B tests (and eventually multi armed bandit) across the stack
• Building performance tooling to understand our Time-to-Interactive, Time to First Byte and First Paint so that we can create an accessible and performant experience to all consumers
• If you’re curious, we use React, Redux, TypeScript, Node and Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform for most of our applications - we also have some Python and our backend services are in Java.
We’re looking for people who are keen to deepen their skills in all of the above and expand even further in their engineering careers. Tech stacks are always subject to change, and we hope you can influence the future of loveholidays.
You should apply if:
• You’re excited about building products in cross functional teams to deliver best-in-class user experience to consumers
• You want to have an even deeper understanding of web applications and the surrounding ecosystem
• You are passionate about UX, performance, accessibility and experimentation driven by data
• You like business problems over technology and are pragmatic about your choices
• You have a constant interest in learning more and want to grow in your career - we strive to support engineers in their growth and will give you the platform to do it
What we’ll give back to you
• Heavily discounted holidays for you, your family and friends
• Working with an amazing, driven team of people
• High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
• An awesome office space with breakout areas, table foosball and pool
• 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
• Flexible working arrangements
• Discounted gym membership at Virgin Active (right next to our offices!)
• Friday afternoon drinks to celebrate another week of productivity
To register your interest, click “apply” to quickly and easily share your CV with us and we promise to respond to all applications quickly.
Location: West London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Software Engineer - Digital Product