Role: Software Engineer - GNSS/GPS
Location: Flexible across UK
Duration: 12 months
Rate: Negotiable (Umbrella only)
Security Clearance: Must be willing to go through SC Clearance
We are looking to appoint an experienced scientist to fulfil a significant role in the design and implementation of Secured Navigation systems, including Global Navigation Satellite System receivers. The role will require an individual who is confidentto:
* Conduct the required background research to production timescales;
* Scope solution options for system components and generate technical requirements;
* Develop algorithms;
* Conduct verification activities and generate reports with detailed analysis of the results;
* Work alongside a dedicated software engineering team in a high control production environment.
Able to work autonomously and take responsibility for the work of themselves and others, liaising with project managers and technical leads and taking ownership of discrete packages of work. Accountabilities include:
* Research of customer needs and requirements to align technical outputs;
* Identification, review and selection of scientific techniques, procedures and methods to undertake tasks;
* Identification of risks and opportunities, monitoring through the lifetime of a project;
* Ownership of specific algorithms/models, i.e. the go-to person for the wider Secured Navigation development team;
* Generation of technical outputs, written reports and presentations to customers, demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively with specialist and non- specialist audiences.
Experience & Qualifications:
* A good degree in Science, Engineering or Mathematics, or an equivalent, nationally recognised professional qualification.
* Demonstrable experience working as part of multi-disciplined technical teams, responsible for delivery of defined components, sub-systems or functionality.
* The successful candidate will be required to undertake a vetting process and maintain appropriate security clearance. There are a number of roles for which we will not be able to accept applications from Dual Nationals.
To apply please send your CV's int the first instance.