Software Engineer, Localisation Engineer, Radar Software Engineer, GPS Software Engineer, SLAM Engineer required to join an existing Localisation team of 10 focused on determining the precise location of our vehicles in the world using a universal localiser stack of complementary sensors including cameras, radar, GPS and lidar. We develop the software and algorithms which enable the car to precisely estimate its position and orientation robustly in all weather and environmental conditions.
The successful Software Engineer, Localisation Engineer, Radar Software Engineer, GPS Software Engineer, SLAM Engineer will enjoy a day that will include:
- Writing well designed and thoroughly tested C++ code - including pose estimation libraries, applications and test frameworks
- Understanding and debugging complex system interactions across a large codebase
- Working with test teams to investigate and understand behaviours of the autonomous vehicles
- Working collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams, communicating technical requirements and working together to find solutions
The role is open to individuals that are located in or near Oxford, but we do also offer remote working flexibility for those team members that need it as long as you can get to site for 3 days a week.
What you need to succeed:
- Demonstrable excellence with C++11 (or above).
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Demonstrable experience deploying and testing code on robotic platforms or embedded systems.
- Keen to learn and apply best coding practices.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. git).
Extra kudos if you have:
- Relevant experience in Engineering/Robotics/Computer Science or a related subject such as linear algebra or Euclidean geometry.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with scripting languages e.g. Python.
- Experience with any open-source robotics software.
Who you will work with :
We are an interesting bunch. Friendly and passionate about building new technology. We speak over 17 languages and have team members across our 5 sites from all over the world. Our team has a vast array of outside interests, including drones, skate boarding, music and spending quality time with the family. We are keen to hear from anyone that shares our passion and wants to achieve a great diversity within our teams.
Oxbotica specialises in mobile autonomy and we are the driving force behind many of the UK’s autonomous vehicle initiatives. We spun out from Oxford University’s internationally acclaimed Mobile Robotics Group in 2014 with a mission to commercialise over 130 engineer-years of world leading robotics research. We specialise in mobile autonomy, navigation and perception and our solutions allow robots, vehicles, machinery and people to precisely map, navigate and actively interact with their surroundings. We work with our customers to help them integrate this leading edge technology into their own products. Current projects include us developing and providing our Selenium autonomous control system to various customers from OEMs to the UK Driverless car flagship programmes of LUTZ and the DRIVEN projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Europe’s premier start-ups and be part of the journey to bring autonomous vehicles to our cities, ports, airports, mines, warehouses, and roads. We are searching for people who can contribute to the company, our culture, robotics science and our customers.
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual salary review
- Salary Exchange Pension
- Annual Wellness Bonus
- Company Share Scheme
- 25 Days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays; as long as you promise to come back!
- Regular one-on-one sessions
- Bi-monthly “show and tell” sessions
- Quarterly company communications event
- Bean to cup coffee and complementary fruit
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Yearly funded flu vaccination programme
We also offer:
We create the conditions to help you do your best. We do all we can to create opportunities for everyone regardless of personal circumstances. As part of this commitment, we offer a variety of flexible working arrangements including:
- Part time working
- Remote working
- Extended parental leave
- Unpaid sabbatical
We work 37.5 hours a week, Monday - Friday around core hours of 10:00 - 16:00. This is enough for most; but if you require any extra flexibility we will do what we can to support.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are on a journey to enable all vehicles to do more - we need unique people to get there.
Knowing that diversity drives innovation, brings different approaches, ideas and points of view, we embrace individuality & inclusion and are committed to an environment where everyone irrespective of background, can be the best they can be.
We celebrate building a culture where difference is valued. We are universal - Universal Autonomy.
Help us solve one of the worlds greatest engineering challenges by being yourself.