Purpose of the Role
You will take a lead role in the development and maintenance of Aviva Health’s GMS Administration platform and be a domain expert to lead change in your area of expertise.
You should approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set, focusing on delivering small, value driven enhancements often. This is achieved within our Feature Teams that include developers, testers, BAs and solution designers, along with product owners from our business teams.
The Health IT team are responsible for supporting the Health business and are located alongside them in both Eastleigh and Sheffield. We also work with team members from our Global Sourcing Provider who may be co-located or working offshore
We would love to find someone who works well in a team and is able to support and develop others when required. You must be self-motivated and keen to do great work. You will need the ability to negotiate, influence, effectively challenge and gain commitment from the people you are working with.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To work with Feature Teams and the Platform Team to ensure the high quality design and performance of the GMS application.
- To help shape product backlogs, new projects and initiatives.
- To assess the impact of initiatives, programmes or projects on systems and applications.
- Be involved in implementation activities to ensure that software is delivered error free and with no adverse impact on our business. Implementations often take place outside normal working hours.
- Be responsible for the software engineering maturity for your platform and advance this to reach the maximum level possible.
- Provide leadership to your technology team. This is to include regular team updates and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure adherence to development standards by team members
Skills & Experience required
- IT development and support in an IBM mainframe environment.
- Excellent technical mainframe based skills including COBOL and JCL.
- Experience of applications written in IBM CICS.
- Knowledge of VSAM datasets.
- Preferably knowledge of IBM DB2 database.
- Batch scheduling tools preferably TWS/OPC.
- Configuration management tool preferably Endevor.
- Experience of the design and development of web services.
- Agile development.
- Delivering to demanding service standards.
- Working on medium / moderate assignments within a large-scale organisation.
- Providing specialist business and technical expertise to solve business problems or to exploit opportunities.
- Ability to analyse, diagnose and resolve complex issues either independently or as part of a wider team.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary (dependent on skills & experience)
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jenny Dao in the Resourcing team on email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.