Derbyshire Constabulary is committed to reducing and investigating crime, protecting people and promoting law and order across the county of Derbyshire.
Derbyshire is renowned for being hugely diverse, encompassing the rural areas of the Peak District as well as old mining communities, modern towns and business centres. It is also home to the vibrant and culturally diverse city of Derby.
Position: Solicitor (Advocate)
Location: Ripley, Derbyshire (Commutable from Derby, Chesterfield, Alfreton, Matlock & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, Suitable for Job Share, Flexi-time, Part Time
Salary: £42,759 to £53,538 per annum
About the role:
The post-holder will work within the East Midlands Police Legal Services Unit providing legal advice and representation on a wide range of issues affecting the Forces. The post-holder will be expected at all times to work to uphold the values of the Forces.
The role itself will involve conduct of employment litigation on behalf of the Police Service, and to advise and present cases concerned with allegations of police officer misconduct.
In addition, there will be an expectation that the candidate will also conduct advocacy in respect of operational police matters (Domestic Violence Protection Orders, Proceeds of Crime applications, public protection orders, and licencing matters, by way of non-exhaustive list). Previous experience in this area is not necessary.
- The preferred candidate for the role will be an experienced advocate with knowledge of employment or regulatory law and a track record of conducting employment litigation or regulatory work.
- Professional legal qualification as a Solicitor or Barrister.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully conduct trial advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully conduct employment law or regulatory law caseload.
- Higher Rights Advocate.
- Previous experience in operational police law.
You may have experience of the following: Solicitor, Lawyer, Qualified Solicitor, Private Client Solicitor, Qualified Lawyer, Law, Legal Solicitor, Paralegal, Legal Advisor, Advocate, Advocacy, etc.