Salary: Up to £60,000 + 10% annual bonus
Solution Architects are accountable for crafting end-to-end solutions for key initiatives, projects and feature teams for Aviva UK and Group. Operating as part of the Global Architecture team the role holder supports, improves and promotes the process and delivery of Architecture across the organisation.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team to design innovative Digital solutions to support Healthcare propositions for our customers. This will involve using industry leading technologies as well as enhancing existing systems. The objective is to increase the effectiveness of our customer engagement through the use of our digital platforms.
You will need to be an experienced Solutions Architect having worked in an agile delivery environment, a strong communicator, have a keen interest in emerging technology and you will have the drive and motivation to make a difference here at Aviva.
Define end-to-end solutions for IT change.
- Build designs that are fit for purpose from a functional, non-functional, service, and security point of view.
- Deliver solutions that progress the overall architecture journey and are aligned to Aviva’s IT Strategy.
- Align with standards, design approaches and governance.
Key aspects of the role:
- Create solutions and design for projects to meet Aviva’s standards for technology and ensure they meet our ambitions for availability, security, resilience and performance.
- Produce design options with associated costs, benefits and risks to enable investment decisions.
- Work with product owners, architects, development teams and other project colleagues to agree trade-offs between, long-term and short term goals.
- Shape and estimate IT initiatives and feature team sprints, ensuring that component parts deliver against business outcomes.
- Provide leadership on key designs to ensure the long term strategic goals of Aviva IT are met as well as short term project needs.
- Ensure design artefacts are produced to support stakeholder group for service, security, architecture and engineering.
- Peer review the design artefacts of others.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to less experienced team members as required.
- Contribute to the Solution Architecture community across Aviva Group leading on or participating in initiatives to improve Aviva’s approach to design.
- Develop your technical skills to support Aviva’s need to understand and exploit emerging technology trends.
Experience / Skills Required:
You will have previously worked as a Solutions Architect within an IT environment and preferably have experience of working in an organisation that used an agile methodology.
We are particularly interested in:-
- Excellent design skills.
- Strong knowledge of end to end project lifecycle methodologies (mainly agile).
- Financial acumen to support development of business cases and to inform key design decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a varied stakeholder audience.
- Practical use of UML to document and communicate your solution designs
- Strong problem solving skills including the ability to collaborate with other teams to resolve issues
- Amazon Web Service certification is desirable. If you are not certified, you will be expected to gain certification within six months of joining the team
- Practical experience of developing software is desirable
IT is the key enabler for Aviva to achieve its strategy. A really strong, innovative and forward looking IT function is the cornerstone of our challenge to disrupt the industry and fulfil our digital ambitions.
The pace of change here is fast. There are numerous opportunities to develop and implement new, innovative ways to support the business through brilliant technology solutions.
Come and join our team: you’ll have loads of opportunity for personal development, you’ll be well-supported by our leaders across IT whilst working on really interesting, challenging and innovative work.
Please view this short video from our Group CIO Marta Zarraga, to understand why getting a diverse mix of people in tech teams is important.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Zainab Ahmad in the Resourcing team.