This beautiful countryside inn set on the outskirts of Windsor, Berkshire are looking to employ an experienced sous chef to help deliver its multi Rosette quality food offering.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team in a senior position with the potential for promotion within the business.
- Salary: £25,000 to £28,000
- Tips share
- Industry Training & courses
- Discount across the business
You will be supported at all times by an experienced Head Chef and Pub Manager and a strong and knowledgeable team of individuals behind the scenes - all of whom have a great deal of experience working in this ever changing industry.
We are looking for a Sous Chef:-
- Join and help lead the brigade alongside the Head Chef.
- Ideal candidates will have bags of drive and energy.
- We are looking for a Sous Chef who is reliable, conscientious and punctual.
- Has experience in busy kitchens at 1 Rosette level or higher.
- Gets excited about using fresh, seasonal and local produce.
- Takes pride in what they do and genuinely cares.
- Has a passion and flair for cooking and can contribute to menu ideas.
- Understands the importance of food margin control and has the skills to achieve it.
- Is proactive and always busy at work.
- Able to motivate and train junior members of the team.
- Works well under pressure.
- Is able to support the Head Chef and look after the kitchen properly in their absence.
- Is able to communicate daily to the relevant departments.
- Is able to adhere to company standards and procedures and can hit financial and management targets.
- Has a good working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH.
- Level 2 certification in food hygiene.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.