This classic country inn set in the West Berkshire countryside just a stone's throw from the famed Valley of the Racehorse is now looking to appoint a hands on Sous Chef to work alongside the Head Chef to lead and develop the team.
The current owner bought the Inn two years ago and has steadily upgraded all areas including luxury fixtures and fittings to its 11 en-suite bedrooms, upgraded and extended the kitchen area, added a 20 seat private function room with its own bar, plus many more features.
- Senior Sous Chef.
- £30,000 Basic salary, paid monthly.
- Free onsite live in.
- Share of Tips.
- Opportunity to put your mark on the business.
- Working directly with the owner to develop the offering.
- Chance to progress your career with a strong and soon to be expanding business.
The Head Chef sources only be best and freshest ingredients for the menu and specials. Specials are daily and change from lunch to dinner service. The chef keeps the offering fresh by changing the menu each month as well.
The drinks menu is just as fine as the food offering with a huge selection of over 50 Gin's and Whisky's, local ales and a fine wine selection to suit every taste and budget.
The hotel side of the business runs at a high occupancy with a great corporate and equestrian trade mid-week, followed by leisure guests on a weekend.
The ideal Sous Chef will:-
- Join and help lead the brigade.
- Ideal candidates will have bags of drive and energy.
- We are looking for a Sous Chef who is reliable, conscientious and punctual.
- Has experience in busy kitchens, ideally at 1 Rosette level or higher.
- Gets excited about using fresh, seasonal and local produce.
- Takes pride in what they do and genuinely cares.
- Has a passion and flair for cooking and can contribute to menu ideas.
- Understands the importance of food margin control and has the skills to achieve it.
- Is proactive and always busy at work.
- Able to motivate and train junior members of the team.
- Works well under pressure.
- Is able to support the Head Chef and look after the kitchen properly in their absence.
- Is able to communicate daily to the relevant departments.
- Is able to adhere to company standards and procedures and can hit financial and management targets.
- Has a good working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH.
- Level 2 certification in food hygiene.You will walk in to an already strong team with all senior levels filled.
If you are looking for a real opportunity and career prospects for the future
ACT NOW: Press the Apply button to apply.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.