About the job
This role will be expected to maintain dialogue and engagement with ONS’ communications directorate for the delivery of messages both internally and externally. As part of the newly established ONS Data Service, the role will require a collaboration with other partners and the service as a whole to ensure consistency in service and communication, whilst maintaining the identity of DA as an individual entity.
Successful candidates are expected to bring innovative ideas to the table, and have the capability to gain sufficient understanding of the technical activities within the division to be able to articulate messaging effectively, even though having a technical background is not required.
1. Leading Data Architecture (DA) internal and external stakeholder engagement activities, liaising with ONS’ communication business partners as required, specifically:
• Divisional stakeholder engagement across the ONS and wider government for a range of purposes
• Establishment of key messages and channels to disseminate them
• Stakeholder mapping and outward facing engagement activities
• Activities with subject experts and key stakeholders to assess and improve delivery of key services and products
• Develop and maintain external facing presence (e.g. blogs, slack channel, etc)
• Working directly with the Chief Data Architecture to plan and execute engagement activities for national and international audiences, to raise both the profile of ONS and DA ensuring consistency of language and messaging
• Evaluating materials and processes already in place and enhancing wherever necessary
• Deliver and implement a DA communication plan, tailored to a wide range of audiences.
• Activities to raise internal awareness of DA work, including targeted meetings and presentations and support the leadership team to effectively communicate the DA Strategy and direction.
• Supporting the wider ONS with Stakeholder direction and activity, providing additional insight and expertise to strategic direction where suitable.
2. Horizon scan, harvest and distil information on key DA developments and events in UK, UN region and globally, establishing priority involvement to further progress DA/ONS strategy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate positive outcomes and capture the attention of specified audience
• Experience of developing and implementing a stakeholder engagement strategy for both internal and external stakeholders
• Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including government bodies, ensuring strategic alignment with wider government direction and encouraging collaboration at an international level
• Experience of utilising a range of software titles to provide engaging and digestible content
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Working Together