Buxton, DB, GB, SK17 6AQ
Salary: Circa £27K inclusive of shift allowance, excellent companywide benefits and opportunity for overtime.
Shift Pattern – 4 on 4 off, 2 days and 2 nights. Permanent and Temporary positions available.
We are looking for Standard Operators to join our Nestlé Waters factory at our Buxton site to support the production department. We have both permanent and temporary positions available.
Nestlé Waters is the world leader in the bottled water market and we’re committed to bottling the very best waters from the source and straight to our customers via the most advanced and sustainable techniques currently employed.
We have a genuine passion for healthy hydration, a fabulous portfolio of brands, a clear strategy and a determination to win in the marketplace of both consumers and customers. During 2012, we’ve developed a state-of-the-art production facility in Buxton and we have centred there our ensuring supply operations.
Manufacturing in Nestlé is all about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time and place whilst driving losses from our business in order to maximise efficiency & productivity.
Reporting to the Line Performance Manager, your main accountability will be to achieve performance targets by operating machines and systems. In addition to this, you will be ensuring that the process runs at its optimum; producing high quality product and coordinating actions where necessary on your line.
Other key responsibilities will include:
• You will be responsible for the safe & efficient running of production lines, reducing lost production time by keeping repairs and breakdowns to a minimum.
• Ensure high safety and quality standards are adhered to in order to maintain a safe working environment.
• Approach work with a continuous improvement mind-set.
• Show ownership for the line including when a Line Leader is not present
• Be a positive role model and ensure routines and standards are maintained
• Provide a working style which actively involves and motivates your colleagues
• Support with factory activities in order to achieve KPIs.
The role will also require adaptability and flexibility as you may be required to work in different areas of the department and plant.
• You will need a practical approach to your work, along with a great can-do attitude.
• You will proactively promote positive behaviours around individual and safety of others
• It is essential that you have the ability to work as part of a team and be competent in problem solving skills.
• The successful applicants will be able to monitor and operate equipment, identifying and responding to faults as they occur.
• You will have a logical approach to your duties and be able to follow processes delivering compliance in safety, quality, cost and delivery.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferable but not essential – role specific, on the job training will be provided.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, good holiday allowance per year, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 31st October 2020, we will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?