HMRC is the UK's tax, payments and customs authority, and we have a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for our public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
The People Analytics and Insight (PAI) Directorate was established in late 2019 and is a rapidly growing and evolving part of HMRC’s Chief People Officer (CPO) Group, or HR. Our vision is to ‘deliver people insight and analytics to enable HMRC to shape its future through the use of evidence-based decision-making’.
The Analytics & Insight team drives the proactive outputs of the directorate, covering activities such as modelling, forecasting, optimisation and research.
The team uses the range of statistical and research techniques to deliver value add solutions to solve business problems. HMRC is a significant employer, with 65,000 staff, and therefore people analytics plays an important part in driving change and shaping the future of the organisation. The team was formed specifically to bring a different way of operating to CPO and to facilitate greater rigour in the successful delivery of key programmes. This role oversees the delivery of this activity, the professional standards and the innovation applied to find creative ways to deliver highly effective solutions.
• Leadership of a team c.10 people with direct line management of Senior Analysts, and matrix management of project resources to ensure projects are delivered on time.
• Nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders providing thought leadership, guidance and recommendations on workforce research (e.g. Civil Service People Survey) and analysis
• Ensure comprehensive and effective project plans and associated documents are in place for individual projects within the Analytics and Insight team’s portfolio of work.
• In close conjunction with the Engagement & Planning team, control and track the delivery of projects against milestones and priorities
• Anticipate issues and problems, intervening and coaching where necessary (including taking responsibility for directly producing project deliverables) to prevent slippage or failure to meet key milestones.
• Assist with the development and definition of the insight and analytical strategy for HMRC’s CPO organisation.
• Deliver business insight to inform the strategic delivery approach, design of interventions and development of products in collaboration with colleagues to embed people impacts into projects and programmes.
• Apply recognised insight and analytical methodologies, including audit and quality assessment and control.
• Take a leading role to build capability and professionalism across PAI in insight, data and analytics.
• Strong leadership and management skills and experience.?
• Experience leading work using a range of quantitative analysis and operational research techniques.
• An ability to plan and prioritise competing demands for work.
• Excellent communication and presenting skills, able to convey detail and technical information such that it resonates with key stakeholders.
• Experience using statistical software packages such as SPSS or similar.
• Advanced Excel skills and experience in SQL/SAS/R/SPSS (or similar) to manipulate and analyse data.
• Advanced analytical and statistical techniques
There will be a requirement to travel to other PAI team locations in the UK