c£24,200 per annum (with the opportunity to earn a bonus of £5,200)
10 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a SPAR Store Manager who is passionate about their store offering excellent service and standards to our customers.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, friendly, hands-on and very excited about leading and developing their team whilst delivering great KPI results.
The key purpose of this role is to maximise sales and profit through the continuous improvement of the store and staff, control of costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
Store Manager Responsibilities:
- To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- To be fully aware of Key Result Areas and assist in working to deliver and improve them
- To generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- To monitor competitor activity and propose appropriate responses
- To develop a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
Staff recruitment, planning and training
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- To ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
- The control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
Store Manager Requirements:
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) - must have or be prepared to undertake this qualification
- Previous experience at a supervisory or managerial level in a food retail environment (or similar) essential
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to work to deliver and improve them essential
- Basic knowledge of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skill to manage those responsibilities essential
About A F Blakemore & Son Ltd:
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned company in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Stores and employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
Location: Forsbrook, Stoke-on-Trent ST11 9BX
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 40 Hours per Week
Salary: c£24,200 per annum (with the opportunity to earn a bonus of £5,200)
Benefits: Bonus Scheme potential of up to £5,200 pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities, Health Cash Plan
Closing date for applications: 5th January 2020
You may have experience of the following: Retail Manager, Retail, Convenience, FMCG, Grocery Manager, Supermarket, Food, Retail Management, Business Development, Food Service, Convenience Store, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Branch Manager, etc.