£8.73 per hour
4 months ago
Blakemore Retail is the convenience retail division of the A.F. Blakemore Group based in the West Midlands. Founded by Arthur and Harriet Blakemore in 1917, A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd began life as a one-man counter service grocery store in Wolverhampton. Over the past century, under the stewardship of Arthur’s son, Frank and grandson, Peter, the A.F. Blakemore Group has grown into one of the largest privately owned companies in the UK and now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
With more than 5,100 employees and over 300 SPAR stores located across England and Wales, Blakemore Retail is one of the UK’s leading convenience store operators.
Putting people first is the philosophy that has resulted in Blakemore Retail becoming the dynamic, forward-thinking success story that it is today, and it is this belief that will continue to drive the company’s growth forward in the next century.
Position: Store Supervisor
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 8LW
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Various shifts to meet needs of business, incl. mornings, days, evenings and weekends. Flexible hours available.
Salary: £8.73 per hour
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Health Cash Plan, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: July 21, 2019
About the Role:
The Store Supervisor will assist in maximising sales and profit by contributing to the continuous improvement of the store and staff, control of costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- Deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards. Be fully aware of KRA’s and assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- Contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward. Assist in monitoring competitor activity.
- Assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style. Assist in ensuring training is delivered as scheduled.
- Use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training.
- Assist with the control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets.
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- NCPLH (National Certificate for Personal License Holder) - must have or be prepared to undertake this qualification.
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skill to assist with managing those responsibilities.
- Ability to contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
-NVQ level 2-3 in retail skills, customer care (or similar).
- Previous experience in a food retail environment (or similar).
- Some experience of team development.
- Some experience of business development.
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Post Office experience would be preferred.
You may have experience of the following: Store Supervisor, Retail, Customer Service, Wholesale, FMCG, Team Leader, Supermarket, Sales Assistant, Convenience Store Manager, Food Retail, Store Assistant, Customer Services, Retail Management etc.