Our Purpose is to enable our customers to invest in their futures by delivering secure, accurate and efficient assessment, payment and repayment services.
SLC will deliver outstanding digital products and services to its customers and stakeholders and will respond effectively, quickly and flexibly to the demands of ministers and policymakers at the Department for Education and the devolved administrations.
The primary purpose of the job is to create and deliver a strategic change narrative which captures the essence of the transformation that SLC’s is undergoing and resonates with colleagues.
The role holder will understand the resulting strategic change interventions and develop and manage a plan which outlines the key communications activity required to support the delivery of the transformation programme. The plan will ensure that colleagues are engaged and supportive of the transformation agenda and that any potential issues to adoption are identified and managed.
• Gain a thorough understanding of SLC’s change and transformation plans and understand how these impact the business, teams and individuals
• To develop and manage the transformation communications plan and ensure that resulting campaigns are designed, and delivered, to appropriately engage colleagues across the organisation in the transformation agenda.
• Work closely with colleagues across the Corporate Affairs Team to scope, design and deliver the necessary interventions, ensuring all activity aligns with the existing Corporate Affairs strategy.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders and engage with external stakeholders if required.
• Work with other directorates and departmental heads to devise and implement transformation communications
• To ensure rigorous regular evaluation of strategic change communications activity
• Ensure all transformation related colleague communications are managed appropriately, are consistent with the SLC brand
• Maintain consistency of language, tone and “personality” across all communications
• To work with the SLC Change Champions Network and colleagues across the organisation in the creation of communications and interventions and to seek feedback on the implementation of these
• There may be times when you will also be expected to carry out other reasonable management instructions or requests to suit the business needs
ResponsibilitiesEssential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Extensive experience of designing and delivering communications campaigns in respect of a transformation programme (please provide examples on application)
• Creativity in creating communications which can articulate the transformation across all levels in the organisation
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills and first-class attention to detail
• Comfort and competence in negotiating effectively with senior colleagues
• A high degree of discretion and professionalism
• The ability to meaningfully evaluate results
• Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build and maintain relationships and influence stakeholder networks
• Experience and ability to work in a matrix management structure.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
- Delivering at Pace
- Working Together
Here are just some examples from a list of many:
• flexible working contracts
• performance related pay awards
• retail discounts
• buy and sell holidays