We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world's biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
Think big, create better
Are you a Data Science Consultant passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you driven by data, systems and change management to support clients to make better decisions through applying digital intelligence? Do you want to work on high profile projects with clients such as, Network Rail, Highways England, Heathrow Airport and New York MTA?
Amey Strategic Consulting are leading the Asset Management & Infrastructure market in Data Science and in scaling up digital capability within our client operations, all powered by an amazing collaborative team. With a growing team of 120+ employees, working across our 2 offices, London and Manchester, we continue to catalyse sustainable business change through our four key offerings.
You will be required to use a range of technical skills including: data analytics, machine learning, system modelling and optimisation techniques. By coupling this technical capability with clear and concise storytelling, you will support clients to make informed decisions that improve their outcomes by ensuring their decisions are evidence based. Although this role is within our data science offering, we encourage our consultants to cultivate a wide range of both technical and non-technical skills.
In a typical week, you will:
- Work closely with clients to understand the challenges they face and shape these into well-defined requirements
- Explore new data sets to investigate how they can be used to drive value for our clients
- Develop new solutions and tailor tried-and-tested approaches to solve analytical problems in infrastructure
- Help clients to make better use of their data and drive intelligent decision making
- Contribute to developing relationships with high-profile clients up to director level
- Help with business development to gain new work and expand commissions
We want to hear from you if:
- You're qualified to Bsc degree or higher in a STEM subject or hold relevant equivalent portfolio/work experience within Data Science
- Can formulate and solve analytical problems
- Have Programming experience
- Have a drive to learn new skills
- Can interpret and explain complex analysis in simple terms
- Have experience of problem-solving involving analysis of large datasets desired
- Understand statistical methods
- Have experience with our core toolset (Python, Git, cloud services such as AWS/Azure)- desired
- Have experience with big data technologies e.g. Spark, Cassandra
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Flexible ways of working
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. It's what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You'll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You'll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don't believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other's perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.