About the job
Due to continued growth GRS is seeking enthusiastic and organised individuals to join our evolving team, and help contribute to our aim of delivering a world class recruitment and selection service.
We currently have a vacancy for 3 SEO Strategic Operation Managers in GRS. There are three specific roles covering pre-employment checking, EU Exit delivery and contract and commercial management.
As a Strategic Operations Manager, you will sit at the heart of Government and have direct influence on the ability of Government Departments and Professions to hire and on board the right talent that they need to be able to deliver for the citizen.
You will form part of a wider management team, which is also made up of experienced recruitment professionals, in a fast-paced and supportive operational environment, where you can quickly and regularly see the impact you are having on the Civil Service.
You will be expected to be involved in a wide variety of activities, dependent on the role.
The following list could form part of or all of your duties depending on your role;
• Lead a team of Pre-Employment checkers responsible for administering checks for a number of government departments;
• Provide expert recruitment advice both internally across government, or to GRS delivery teams and externally to GRS’s stakeholders;
• Managing high profile recruitment campaigns for departments;
• Supporting our team of Senior Account Managers to effectively deploy resources;
• Making best use of customer feedback, data and MI to drive and improve service delivery and enhance the customer experience;
• Having a focus on the diversity and inclusion agenda;
• Contributing to Civil Service wide customer forums;
• Driving the successful implementation of business change by being proactive and contributing to the future vision of GRS;
• Reviewing processes, procedures and systems to identify improvements and improve service delivery;
• Contributing to the development of innovative end to end recruitment and pre-employment checking solutions;
• Developing a “one team” ethos by driving flexible working across teams to support service delivery;
• Reviewing and monitoring GRS’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to continually drive business performance.
• You may be required to travel between the two GRS hub sites (London and Newcastle).
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated person who is open to new ideas and willing to learn as well as bringing own ideas and experience to the table.
• Have previously worked in an operational environment;
• Demonstrate persistence and resilience, achieving success by delivering despite obstacles or setbacks;
• Be effective in building and maintaining relationships, both with stakeholders and colleagues;
• Be proactive, taking ownership and accountability for decisions and commitments;
• Have a strong customer service ethos;
• Be able to manage and prioritise your workload to meet changing demands and delivery targets;
• Have strong communication skills (both oral and written);
• Have a strong desire to constantly look for better ways of doing things.
Please see candidate pack for further information on role responsibilities, selection process and full details on how to apply.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving