£8.31 per hour
4 months ago
We Support adults with learning difficulties in supported living schemes. We have 5 housing schemes on the Wirral and one just over the border in Cheshire (Overpool). We have around 80 service users who all live in self-contained accommodation within the schemes. Staff are based at a scheme to support the people who live there.
Position: Support Worker
Location: Wirral / Birkenhead
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week, typically 8am to 3pm / 3pm to 10pm, sleeping and waking nights, 7 days a week, part time available
Salary: £8.31 per hour
About the role:
We require full time and part time Support Workers to join our team.
The role will involve supporting vulnerable adults with learning disabilities / mental health issues to achieve a greater level of independence and a good quality of life in the community.
Experience is not essential as we provide full training for the successful candidates however you must:
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Be willing to travel to attend training courses
- Want to make a positive change in people’s lives
Desirable skills include:
- Experience in providing care, support or domiciliary services to adults
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities / mental health issues
- Experience of working with and relating to people from a wide variety of backgrounds NVQ 2
- Full driving licence desirable but not essential
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Care Worker, Healthcare Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Assistant, etc.