The overall purpose of the Children & Families Worker will be: to pioneer, develop and grow our ministry building on the many existing links we have with children and families and enable children (with or outside their families) to find a home in the life and worship of St Marks Fairfield and Holy Trinity Belbroughton.
You will play a key role with the clergy & team and PCC’s to enable both churches to be a place where this is a recognised priority.
Support Worker Responsibilities:
- Work with our existing church community and leaders to help both churches become a more ‘multi-generational’ Christian community.
- Lead the development and growth of both churches Sunday and midweek children’s work.
- Lead, develop and implement a vision for children and young families to grow as Christians, helping them find a place and play their full part in the life of the local church.
- Encourage visiting children and families, and those who come to our regular activities through children’s choir, baptisms, school contacts etc., to become regular members of the church family.
- Take a full, active role in the life of Holy Trinity C of E Primary School and Fairfield Community School, especially: Collective Worship, after school Christian clubs and events, church visits and special services in school or in church, working with the school staff to ensure best possible experiences for the children and whole school community.
Children & Families Worker Requirements:
- Evidence of continuing personal and professional development.
- Christian, committed to growing in faith.
- Experience and training in children’s and families’ work and methods in a professional or voluntary capacity.
- Proven ‘hands-on’ skills and ability to engage with children.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding requirements and willingness to work within the Safeguarding policy of The Diocese of Worcester.
- Good interpersonal, communication, listening and social skills. Drive and vision to energise self and others.
- Ability to introduce fresh expressions of church for children and families.
- Able to train and develop existing volunteers and appoint new volunteers.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the job holder to be a practising Christian. Enhanced full DBS required.
About Holy Cross Group of Churches:
We wish to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic person ready to pioneer new work that will enable children and families to encounter the love of God in the gospel of Jesus Christ and to become part of our church as a more inclusive, all-age community of faith.
We have extensive contacts with many young children and families through our traditional parish ministry across Fairfield and Belbroughton, but in recent years have not seen many families finding a living faith or becoming part of the life of the church.
We want this to change. We are committing significant resources to this purpose and recognise that this will be long term work, with no easy solutions and many challenges ahead.
Location: Belbroughton, DY9 9TF
Job type: Part Time, Initial 1-year contract (6 months probationary period) potentially extending to 5 years; 20 hours per week; require working flexible hours / days across the week and will include Sunday mornings
Salary: £20,000 to £22,000 FTE, depending on experience
Benefits: 34 days per annum (including bank holidays, pro rata), to be taken in negotiation with the line manager. Holidays will usually be taken only in school holiday time
Closing date for application is: Noon on 9th March 2020
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Assistant, Care Provider, Personal Support Worker, Case Worker, Family Support Worker, Children’s Support Worker, etc.
£20,000 to £22,000 FTE, depending on experience
6 days ago
1 year (6 month probation) up to 5 years