£17550 per annum
4 days ago
Are you a Support Worker who understands the challenges young people face in day to day life? Do you have a passion to work in a role that will make a real difference? Do you like the idea of working for a business who offer therapeutic and non-restraint support to young people?
Care in Mind have a fantastic opportunity for a Support Worker to join our friendly and professional team based within our Residential Home in York working over a 37.5 hour working week. Experience is not essential as full training will be provided however having a good understanding of the issues young people face will help to make a real difference.
Support Worker Responsibilities:
- Be a part of direct and indirect care of young people with complex mental health needs.
- Act as a member of the team and assist the management staff in giving the highest standard of care possible to all the young people, closely following individual care plans and programme.
- Travel between Care in Mind Residential Homes, schools, shopping, leisure activities etc.
- Carry out multiple interventions involving the delivery of care to young people.
- Promote independence amongst the young people ensuring continuity of care throughout.
- Provide support, advice and information to the young people, parents and other carers.
- Carry out further duties as per our attached document.
Support Worker Requirements:
- Flexibility as your role will involve working shifts including nights / weekends / Bank Holidays.
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to listen to others.
- Good written skills and the ability to write basic reports and record information accurately.
- IT Literate (Able to write emails and use Microsoft Office).
- An understanding of the issues young people face in daily life and the ability to meet the day to day needs of young people, including providing practical support with daily living activities.
- An understanding of the issues around confidentiality.
- An understanding of safeguarding.
- Professional working boundaries between staff and service users.
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies, supporting others during difficult situations.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent within Care.
- Previous experience of working with young people who have mental health needs.
If you are interested in joining an enthusiastic, motivated business who thrive in developing and rebuilding young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please get in touch today.
The closing date for this position is Thursday 12h March so please ensure you apply before this date.
Interviews will take place a week after shortlisting and will consist of a 1-hour interview (15 minute written scenario and 45 minutes competency question based).
Training is carried out at the beginning of each month over 7 days and is paid on commencement of first day of work. Travel expenses are paid over the full 7 days and cover First Aid, Safeguarding, Therapeutic Risk Training and Compliance.
Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
About Care in Mind:
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric inpatient stays or secure children’s homes. The young people we care for often require a high level of support and dynamic approach to risk management in order to support problems they may have with self-harming, behaviour and emotional regulation.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £17,550 per year (£9.00 per hour)
Benefits: Competitive hourly rate (£9.00 per hour); 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays; Enhanced Superior company pension; Paid Induction (Running over 7 days); Enhanced maternity / paternity leave; Free on-site parking; Paid Enhanced DBS check; Employee Assistance Programme / 24-hour Counselling Service; Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits; Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 / 4 Adult Health & Social Care). The opportunity for internal promotions; £100 bonus after completing 6 month probation; Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £500 per referral); Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties); Life Assurance.
Closing date for applications: 12th March, 2020
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Care Assistant, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP etc.