£9.15 - £10.15 per hour
about 1 month ago
We are currently seeking Support Workers to join our fantastic team at Treehaven Residential Home in West Runton, Cromer. This is an opportunity to be part of a team that values respect, dignity, and empathy and make a real contribution to the quality of our service users lives.
Support Worker Responsibilities:
• Provide support to individuals in a respectful, sensitive, compassionate, and person-centred manner in all aspects of their daily living.
• To support service users to develop their skills in various activities of daily living.
• Promote independence and development of appropriate skills and relationships to enable service users to make full use of community facilities.
• Support service users to lead full lives and develop a range of relationships.
• Support service users flexibly in response to their changing needs and aspirations and feedback from the individual and family members.
• Be a positive link with families and others important to the service user
Support Worker Requirements:
• Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ 2 or a Diploma in Health and Social care or be working towards this.
• Positive attitude and commitment to the individual, their development, and the Service as a whole.
• Objective, non-discriminatory, approachable, and professional and able to act as a good role model for our tenants.
• Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable and able to work a variety of shift patterns including weekends, earlies, lates and long days.
• Communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation.
About Jeesal Group:
Jeesal Group was established over 30 years ago by Jeeva and Sally Subramaniam who have dedicated their lives to providing person centred care for people with a learning disability. Their experience of working in and with the NHS and Social Services informed their philosophy of empowerment, equality and autonomy, which is the ethos behind their vision for people with a learning disability to live a happy, meaningful and fulfilled life. These core values are the foundation on which the Jeesal Group has grown to make a difference in this industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check
Location: West Runton, Cromer NR27 9LT
Hours: Permanent, Full time and part time positions available
Salary: £9.15 per hour plus enhancements for overtime and night working up to £10.15 per hour
Benefits: Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development, Career Development Opportunities, Annual Leave entitlement of 28 days, Perkbox Employee Discount Scheme, Recommend a Friend Scheme - worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible), Bike to Work Scheme, Hyundai Affinity New Car Scheme, Free 24hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions and we will pay for your DBS Check.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Care Assistant, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP etc.