Do you have experience working with socially disadvantaged and vulnerable individuals? Do you have experience of working in an environment that requires confidentiality? Do you have knowledge of the causes and effects related to homelessness?
Do you have knowledge of adult and child safeguarding? Do you have an understanding of how to work within professional boundaries? Do you have a commitment to the values of Changing Lives?
If so, the role of Assistant Support Worker could be for you.
Support Worker Responsibilities:
- Monitor the safety and wellbeing of the individuals and properties and take appropriate action such as contacting emergency service and reporting maintenance issues when necessary.
- Welcome and provide a health and safety briefing to any individuals arriving out-of-hours.
- Ensure that all communal and staff areas, are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Ensure that appliances and cleaning supplies are maintained, serviced and replenished as required.
- Liaise with support workers and other colleagues to ensure that individual’s records are maintained and updated.
- Work with individuals to encourage them to maintain the cleanliness of the properties.
- To encourage individuals to engage in activities (including communal meals)
- Respond to any out-of-hours telephone calls, including referrals and complete all necessary paperwork.
- You will be required to travel to other projects and areas in Changing Lives when required by management to cover shifts or assist with incidents should they occur.
Support Worker Requirements:
- Experience working with socially disadvantaged and vulnerable individuals
- Experience of working in an environment that requires confidentiality
- Ability to use basic Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of the causes and effects related to homelessness
- Knowledge of adult and child safeguarding
- Full driving licence and access to own car. (Business insurance will be required to claim expenses)
- NVQ level 2 in Customer Service or equivalent appropriate qualification (desirable)
About Changing Lives:
Changing Lives is a national, registered charity based in Gateshead. We provide specialist support for thousands of vulnerable people and their families, every month. The need for our work has sadly never been more necessary, or more urgent. Each year, we help over 17,500 people to change their lives for the better. We know that if we can offer the right support at the right time, we can support people who are living with addiction, PTSD, poverty, homelessness, domestic abuse and other related issues to make positive steps to changing their lives for the better.
Location: Ashington, Northumberland
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: £17,625 per annum
Closing Date: 31 January 2021
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Community Support Worker, Disability, Disabilities, Care Staff, Charity, Charities, Not for Profit, NFP, Third Sector, etc.
£17,625 per annum
about 1 month ago