Would you like a meaningful job that makes a difference, with flexibility and real potential for growth?
The Salvation Army Housing Association (saha) is an organisation that provides a range of housing and varied support services to vulnerable people. Our aim is to support people in achieving their full potential. We are currently going through a large period of growthand have a vacancy for a part-time children's worker
Position: Children's Worker
Location: South West Surrey
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 15 hours per week over 3 days
Salary: £6,630 to £8,970 pro-rata (£16,575 to £22,425 FTE)
Benefits: 26 days’ annual holiday rising a day a year for the first 5 years + bank holidays, Life Assurance, Pension scheme and an Employee Health Assistance Programme. Professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
Closing date: 31st May 2019
Interview dates: 11th June 2019
About the role:
To provide a dedicated children’s service to the children and young people living at the refuge. Please see job description and person specification for more information.
- You will have experience working with children and/or young people and able to work with integrity, sensitivity and an understanding of those individuals we support.
- You will be enthusiastic and able to maintain a positive attitude even in challenging situations.
- You will be flexible and capable of delivering positive outcomes through periods of challenge and change.
- The ability to relate well to children and young people.
- Experience of working with children and young people who sometimes have challenging behaviour.
- An understanding of domestic abuse.
- A good understanding of safeguarding and professional boundaries.
Applicants should have:
- Significant proven experience of working with children and young people.
- NNEB NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
A Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Certificate will be required for these roles.
As an equal opportunities employer, our client welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Children Support Worker, Youth Support Worker, Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Care Staff, Vulnerable People, Homelessness, Social Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Not for Profit, NFP, etc.
The Salvation Army Housing Association (SAHA) is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.