Position: Technical Officer
Location: In vicinity of Wigston, Leicestershire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £30,195 to £42,759 per annum
About the role:
The Technical Officer will provide specialised technical surveillance capability to the East Midlands Special Operations Unit which provides support in the fight against organised crime to the five forces in the East Midlands region. (Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire)
- The duties will include the design, development, operation and deployment of technical surveillance systems that meet user requirements. Diagnosing faults and taking appropriate action, whilst operating in the field or in the workshop.
- Operating surveillance equipment safely, lawfully, ethically and in line with national SOP’s.
- Being able to provide specialist technical advice, support and liaison to all police teams working within the region.
- A degree of fitness is required as the deployments could be in confined spaces, working at heights etc. A fitness test will form part of the selection process for any applicants successful at the shortlisting stage.
- Be able to travel throughout the UK and abroad.
- Operating on a call-out rota as required.
- Degree, HND or equivalent in one of the following: Computing (Systems or Network Technology), Electronics, Telecommunications Audio / Video Engineering or relevant experience within a Technical Surveillance arena
- GCSE grade C / 4 or above in English Language or equivalent qualification or previous experience of writing reports / correspondence.
- GCSE grade C / 4 or above in Maths or equivalent qualification or equivalent previous experience.
- Possess post qualification experience in a relevant field.
- Experience of working as part of a team as well as being capable of working in an unsupervised environment.
- Be an effective communicator with the ability to impart knowledge to others with little or no experience or technical ability.
- Possess a wide-ranging understanding of computers, networks and software packages including MS Office and Windows OS’s.
- Possess good standard eyesight (must not be colour blind) and hearing.
- Possess and maintain a UK driving licence.
- Possess and maintain a current passport.
- Demonstrable knowledge and or experience in at least a further two from the following disciplines: - Electronics, IT, Telecommunications, Audio / Video Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Photography or Automotive Engineering.
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge of working with a wide range of tools within a workshop / practical environment.
- Have demonstrable knowledge of network / IP infrastructures.
- Previous experience in Police or other Law Enforcement environments.
- Experience in research and development.
You may have experience of the following: Technical Officer, Surveillance Officer, Electronics, IT, Telecommunications, Audio Engineer, Video Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Photography, Automotive Engineer, Law Enforcement, IP Infrastructures, etc
£30,195 to £42,759 per annum
10 months ago