You will join us as Group Sustainability Manager on a Full or Part time basis - on a Fixed term contract for 12 months maternity based in Leeds. Flexible working arrangements will also be considered.
The purpose of the role is to lead the NG Bailey Group Sustainability team and manage Bailey’s approach to sustainable business practice across the Group. You will be required to lead, design and deliver key programmes and initiatives designed to support the achievement of our One Approach to Business strategy and associated KPIs, and address any emerging sustainability or corporate responsibility issues faced by the business. The role is based in IIkley but can be split between our Leeds LS12 location.
Sustainability Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead the delivery of our One Approach to Business sustainability strategy to ensure key KPIs remain on track.
- Chair the internal Environmental Sustainability Steering Group Committee to shape and oversee key sustainability efforts across the company.
- To lead the creation of the annual responsibility report including the collation and analysis of environment and social related KPIs from across the Group.
- Produce regular reports and present progress and performance at both an SLT, Executive and Board level.
- Serve as an internal expert and “go to” person for sustainability within the business, monitoring emerging trends, programmes and issues, communicating with and educating the business on sustainability topics and developments as well as contributing towards work winning. This includes supporting the interface with customers and strategic business partners on their sustainability enquiries to ensure appropriate responses and communications are delivered.
Sustainability Manager Requirements:
- Relevant degree or professional qualification.
- Significant experience in the management of the majority of aspects of corporate responsibility, environmental management and / or sustainability in a business environment, specifically carbon management and footprinting, modern slavery, charitable giving and responsible procurement.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of how sustainability activity can positively impact business performance and be confident in communicating this to others.
- Upwards of six years’ experience in the management of the majority of aspects of corporate responsibility, environmental management and / or sustainability in a business environment, specifically carbon management and footprinting, modern slavery, social value, charitable giving and responsible procurement.
- Member IEMA or equivalent professional body (desirable).
- Working towards Chartered Environmentalist (desirable).
- Sustainability in Construction or Engineering environment (desirable).
About NG Bailey:
We are one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
Job type: Full Time, 12 months maternity Fixed Term Contract (flexible and part time working arrangements considered)
You may have experience of the following: Sustainability Manager, Sustainability Consultant, Environmental Manager, Environmental Consultant, Corporate Responsibility, Environmental Sustainability, Policy Manager, Project Manager, Consultant, Construction, IEMA, etc.
25 days ago
12 months - Maternity