PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market. As a Group we have grown from £15m turnover in 2016 to over £120m in 2019 and we continue to expand from a wholly UK base to mainland Europe with trade reaching to Latin America.
This is an exciting time to join PIB. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay and fantastic benefits
As such, PIB are looking for an in-house tax manager to not only deliver all round tax compliance and reporting, but help shape our tax optimisation strategy and structure as a Group.
As the Group Tax Manager could take on the following responsibilities:
• Develop the over-arching Group tax optimization plan
• All round tax compliance for the Group.
• Provide corporation and indirect tax input to strategic plans and business cases.
• Deal with HMRC in meetings and correspondence, negotiating and answering queries.
• Preparation of both the individual and group tax computations, including accounts disclosures and journals.
• Calculate and manage Quarterly Instalment Payments.
• Responsible for the CT and DT ledger balances, providing monthly reconciliation sign offs.
• Provision of training and guidance to staff at various levels
• Liaise with external auditors
• Historical review of previous tax computations
• Be involved in the due diligence process for new acquisitions
This role would work closely with the rest of the senior managers in the Group Financial Control team as well as the wider central finance teams be based in Retford.
The role is anticipated to be a 3-day a week role and would be a great fit for a return to work parent looking to balance home and work life. The experience level would suit a junior manager in practice or an in-house tax manager.
We are looking for someone who has had a number of years’ experience dealing with complex Group structures, especially Internationally. You don’t need to have dealt explicitly with the individual tax regions we are or will be operating in but it will be a distinct advantage.
As a person, we are looking for balance between a great technician but also someone who fits well with the PIB culture of development, fairness, and support. We have a very strong reputation for focussing on our people as we tend to buy owner managed businesses who stay with us which makes the whole Group a very personal thing and that really gives us that strength in the market.
Full Job Description available upon request
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Talk to us about Flexible Working
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
You may have experience of the following: Tax Manager, Tax Compliance Manager, Group Tax Manager, Corporate Tax Manager, In-house Tax Manager, Corporate Tax Compliance Manager, Finance Manager, Accountant, AAT, Qualified Accountant, Accounts Manager, The Chartered Institute of Taxation, CIOT, etc.