£19100 per annum
4 months ago
Our client is a small residential Children’s home for children up to the age of 18. They provide care for children with learning disabilities and associated challenging behaviours.
Position: Team Leader
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, CV57AH
Job type: Full Time - 40 hours per week - Permanent
Hours: Day shifts - 07:00 to 15:00 and 14:45 to 23:00 (Sleepovers 23:00 to 07:00) including weekends and bank holidays
Salary: Starting from £19,100 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
Benefits: Contributory Pension Scheme, Training, Meals and Drinks while on shift and Parking
About the role:
- Through individual practice, and the effective management of a team, actively support the positive holistic development of the children/young people within the home.
- To report immediately any unsafe practices and conditions.
- Ensure the ongoing assessment of children and young people’s needs in day to day practice.
- Ensure all staff practice is in line with best practice and the children and young people’s Care and Placement Plans
- Take responsibility for the effective and efficient running of shifts including the planning and facilitation of activities.
- Ensure the delivery of all key worker areas and responsibilities including the delivery of direct work.
- Monitor and maintain administrative requirements ensuring compliance with policy and regulation.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team both within the home and with external agencies.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, professionals, children, and families.
- Where required attend reviews and or meetings.
- Oversee, write and edit all reports when submitted for meetings and reviews.
- At all times promote and ensure anti discriminatory practice.
- Undertake all relevant training as and when required.
- Take responsibility for having sound working knowledge of policy and procedure including Safeguarding, Fire, and Health and Safety Procedures at your place of work.
- To facilitate the effective management of the home in developing the skills and potential of Residential Support Workers.
- Oversee, supervise, appraise, and develop the skills of staff in their working practice.
- Willingness and demonstrable ability to deputise in the absence of senior management within the home and make appropriate decisions that protect both young people and the best interests of the company.
- Promote structure, boundaries and routines within the home
- Provide a positive role model for the young people
- Work with young people on intervention strategies to promote pro-social behaviour
- Provide and participate in leisure activities in line with care and placement plans
- Meet the requirements of the role
- Have at least 2 years working in a Residential Setting
- Experience of working with young people with learning disabilities.
- Diploma in Children’s Residential or equivalent
- Passionate about working with young people
- Ability to remain calm and manage difficult and at times repetitive behaviour
- Able to use a computer to complete reports etc.
- Good team player
You may have experience of the following: Team Leader, Care Team Leader, Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Care Staff, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Not for Profit, NFP, etc.