about 1 year ago
Want the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society?
Want to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people across the world?
If so… Leonard Cheshire offers you the chance to become part of a great team!
Position: Team Leader
Location: Wharfedale House - Wetherby
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week - Nights, including working weekends.
Salary: £10.39 per hour / £18,961 per annum
Benefits: Fair and competitive pay rates. Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit. Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice). Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates. Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice). Access to child-care vouchers (salary sacrifice). Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Closing Date: 10 July 2019
About the role:
As a Team Leader with Leonard Cheshire you will motivate and supervise your team, ensuring the delivery of care, personal support, daily living tasks and activities to our customers. You will provide support to attain full potential, maximising options available, encouraging choice, participation and motivation.
- Have a level of professional development and registration (i.e. NVQ / SVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care, L4 NVQ / SVQ in team leading or management.
- Be experienced in working within a relevant care setting.
- Have experience in supervising a team.
- Be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and prepared to participate in an on-call rota as required.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have a full, clean driving licence to travel and cover work allocated on the rota (Support at Home roles only).
A satisfactory disclosure check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role will take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once suitable candidates have been appointed.
You may have experience of the following: Supervisor, Team Leader, Support Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Assistant, Care Provider, Personal Support Worker, Support at Home, Domiciliary Care, charity, not for profit.