about 2 months ago
Our IT Shared Service Centre was first established in 2008 and is designed to deliver centralised IT infrastructure and services to ABF companies. We currently operate in 23 countries over 185 locations, with over 160 employees.
Reporting to the SSC Lead Technical Architect, the primary focus of this position is the technical designs of the shared service centre common infrastructure platforms. The technology employed in the designs must deliver the agreed service and performance for ABF businesses; security, scalability and availability are integral to all platform designs.
This includes developing and maintaining an infrastructure roadmap for all infrastructure components, embracing technology development where appropriate to ensure a robust, scalable and innovative technical architecture.
As part of the Architecture team this role will provide subject matter expertise in architecting solutions across Wintel infrastructure and adhere to security best practice in private and cloud environments.
The Architect will technically lead key assigned projects and provide technical assurance for business unit SSC solutions delivered through project services.
• Produce platform design solutions for existing and/or new infrastructure platforms
• Provide technical expertise, direction, and assistance to Technical Solutions Analysts, BAU teams (Desktop, Networks, Server, Security Operations) and Project Delivery teams
• Produce solution documentation including high-level and low-level designs
• Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for reference architecture.
• Ensure that proposed and existing architectures are aligned with organisational goals and objectives.
• Present technical solutions and providing supporting collateral
• Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of SSC technology, reference architecture, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, security and systems flexibility.
• Contributing to the development of the SSC IT Strategy ensuring that Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure are considered integral business requirements.
• Development and ongoing refinement of the infrastructure roadmap
• Design Authority for infrastructure building blocks and their continual evolution
• Substantial experience in an architect role and in developing secure infrastructure solutions
• Expertise in creating and improving the overall design for Wintel based systems and services
• Architecture experience of Wintel platforms including Microsoft server 2019 and supporting systems
• Architecture experience with Office 365 including tenant configuration, licensing requirements, Endpoint Management, and other Office 365 applications
• Knowledge and experience of virtualisation technologies especially VMware and Hyper-V
• Understanding of networking fundamentals to facilitate design of solutions
• Knowledge and experience of additional server platforms and applications (Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix)
• Strong, demonstratable experience architecting solutions with Microsoft Azure (understanding of Landing zones, Governance, RBAC and IaaS components)
• Ability to produce and present articulate and accurate proposals and recommendations.
• Ideally educated to degree level in a computer science field
About Associated British Foods (ABF Holdings):
Associated British Foods is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £15.8bn, 138,000 employees and operations in 50 countries across Europe, southern Africa, the Americas, Asia and Australia.
Location: Currently remote due to Covid. Offices are based in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE2 6WZ when we are able to return.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
You may have experience of/as the following: Technical Architect, Systems Architect, Application Architect, Technical Solutions Analyst, Azure, AWS, Microsoft, Office 365, Remote Access, etc.