Return to Work
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving huge projects that span the organisation. Our team comprises varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans.
We look at relevant experience as well as demonstrated abilities. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need technical program managers that can do the same.
This position has a 16-week duration beginning in January 2021. All candidates should be able to commit to a consecutive 16-week timeframe for successful completion of the program. At the end of the term, those who have demonstrated their abilities to succeed and make an impact at Facebook will be considered for a full-time position. Candidates are encouraged to apply early!
This program is open to all candidates who have been out of the workforce for 2 years or longer.
This is a 16-week position based in Dublin, Ireland.
Return to Work - Technical Program Manager Responsibilities
- Create programs to solve challenging problems by determining goals that align with company initiatives, understanding dependencies, defining milestones, assessing risk and identifying resource requirements.
- Achieve alignment in ambiguous or contentious areas to drive product decisions.
- Collaborate extensively within TPM and with cross-functional engineering teams to create and execute a structure for successful delivery of programs.
- Identify process improvements to minimize manual effort by driving build out of automation and workflow tooling engines.
- Develop a communication strategy for the cross-functional team and stakeholders at different levels of the organisation to align, influence and deliver on goals.
- Develop and manage end-to-end technical plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Partner with cross functional teams to drive technical analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- B.S. in computer/software/networking engineering, a technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of engineering or technical program management experience.
- Communication skills and experience working with technical teams.
- Organisational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking experience.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within cross-functional teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
- Experience in designing, building or managing networking infrastructure, systems software components such as developer workflows, data storage architectures, caching, database engines, key value stores, etc.
- Experience with external facing production systems for high traffic websites and services.
- Experience working on large scale projects and large scale systems.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please click on the apply button: