£46294 per annum
about 1 month ago
Looking for an opportunity to further your career, live and work in a beautiful rural area and have great access to city life in Oxford, Reading and London? From Didcot where we’re based you can be in London Paddington in 45 minutes, Oxford and Reading in 15 minutes.
We’re looking for an experienced project manager who can lead, inspire and support project teams and work in a collaborative way with colleagues across the council to deliver high quality, customer focused technical services projects. This post is for a fixed 12 month term.
Technical Services Projects Manager Responsibilities:
• Overseeing and leading project teams including preparing draft documents and business cases in line with council policies. Management of all resources, both human and financial, to achieve project completion to identified goals within identified constraints.
• Ensure that best value in delivery is achieved through effective management of projects delegated to the postholder.
• Ensure that projects for which the postholder is responsible comply fully with Health and Safety legislation, and CDM Regulations.
• To recognise Health and Safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the South and Vale Health and Safety policy and any service-specific procedures/rules that apply to this role.
• May provide functional and/or operational leadership for a small team of specialists ensuring the provision of professional services that meet customer needs, undertaking or contributing to performance appraisals and development of the team.
• Working collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation, and managing key relationships e.g. with partners and other stakeholders
• Providing input into the creation and deployment of service plans
• Understanding and contributing to budget planning, management and expenditure (overseeing and controlling the budget for your team, as required)
• Maintaining an awareness and understanding of new legislation and/or best practice, relevant to your team, interpreting the resulting implications and developing appropriate policies, procedures and practice to ensure that both councils comply with their statutory obligations, as well as to secure performance improvement and increased customer satisfaction
• Both informing and writing papers for cabinet, council, committees etc.
Technical Services Projects Manager Requirements:
• A relevant professional qualification or equivalent demonstrable vocational experience in or related to Project Management
• You can show examples of how you led others and have delivered projects on time and in budget
• You have proven successful project management experience of at least two years
• Local government experience preferred
• A successful project manager who is energetic, determined and positive to develop and maintain effective project teams
• Excellent project management skills, including the ability to delegate appropriately, empowering employees to effectively deliver operational duties, tasks and goals
• Excellent communication skills
About Vale of White Horse District Council:
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are forward-thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who can communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Salary: £46,294 per annum
Job Type: Full-time, 12 months Temporary
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Closing date: 28 August 2020
You may have experience or an interest in the following: Project Management, Project Manager, Programme Manager, Prince2, Local Government, Council, etc.