We are a leading speciality insurance group providing clients with proven smart risk solutions for underwriting and claims. We are based in London, with international hubs in Europe, Latin America and Asia. We are owned by China Re, a leading reinsurer in China and one of the top 10 reinsurance companies in the world.
Who we are looking for
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly supportive environment as Technology Officer following the current incumbent’s internal move. Reporting to the Head of IT, the Technology Officer will be responsible for the overall technology landscape, including software and hardware services and support. They will also manage the Chaucer Technology office and provide guiding principles for technologies and key projects.
The individual will be part of the leadership team for the Chaucer Technology group and will work collaboratively with other senior management team members across IT Sourcing, IT Risk/Security and IT Change Delivery in order to drive the Technology strategy and its business goals.
- Responsible and accountable for all aspect of Chaucer Technology operations, including service management, Applications Development and maintenance, BI Maintenance and stack development, network and infrastructure.
- Oversight of Chaucer’s Architecture Function and owns the overall vision for Chaucer’s Technology Landscape.
- Manage IT Budget.
- Manage the 3 major technology areas and their leaders. (Technology Services, Solutions Delivery, Architecture).
- Providing regular visibility to Head of IT and executive(s) concerning the progress and issues as required.
- An experienced IT Leader who has previously supported core technology operations in either infrastructure or applications.
- Must have worked in at least 2 different organisations and overseen IT support to over 200 staff.
- Experience in dealing with multiple suppliers.
- Large scale program/project management experience and delivery of projects within tight timeline parameters with emerging technologies such as Cloud, Voice/Video oIP, Virtualization etc.
- Experienced with all aspects of IT Application and Technology services, Infrastructure & Data Center operations, including Service Desk, Licensing, Desktop, Client support, LAN/WAN, Telecom, UNIX, Wintel, SAN & Storage technologies.
We are open to considering a range of working arrangements as well as candidates returning to work after a significant career break. We will discuss your requirements during the interview process.
For further information or to apply for the role, please send a cover letter and CV by email to Sandra Isaac by clicking the APPLY button.